1980s busy, bustling city
80s Boulevard is an unlockable track in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. It takes place in a 1980s busy, bustling city covered in references to famous SEGA franchises during that period, and their successors.
The track starts in a street whose design is similar to Times Square, located in New York. As the player progresses throughout the stage, the track then branches into a 4-way crossing crowded with buses (which can be used for a gravity dive). It then transitions to a subway station where one can either take the opportunity to ride on top of a subway train or take the stairs, where rails are located. This area can be an advantage for speed characters.
Musical ThemesEditThe theme for this stage is entitled "Blast Town". The song can be traced down to the 1980s, where fast, upbeat music flourished from disco parties and prom nights in high schools. The song is also used for the track '90s Boulevard.
References to SEGA GamesEdit
There are many references to recent and old SEGA games, and even SEGA itself, which include:
- Samba da Amigo
- Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Phantasy Star
- Crazy Taxi
- Alex Kidd
- Other Sega characters and games during that period
The track also includes references to consoles themselves, which include:
- Game Gear
- If one happens to run out of gravity points while on top of the moving subway train, the train moves, but the player does not.
- Above the giant claw machine, after the 4-way intersection, you can find Sonic Channel artwork of Sonic.
- The underground subway is called "Sonic Station" if you look at the signs in the subway tunnel.
- One of the missions has Knuckles chasing after a runaway taxi cab. This is most likely a reference to Crazy Taxi.
- The recommended area for a gravity dive is the earliest in this course than in any other.
- A 100 Ring Capsule is located on the wall running section, after the first ramp.
- In a certain alley (a path reachable using a Bike or Wheel Gear), you can find several posters showing Dr. Eggman and Princess Elise from Sonic The Hedgehog (2006).