"A Metarex Melée" is the sixty-fourth episode of the anime series, Sonic X. It first aired on 23 March 2005 and 26 November 2005 in France and the United States respectively.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Rouge the Bat
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Christopher Thorndyke
- Doctor Eggman
- Dark Oak
- Red Pine
- Various Metarex robots
- "Gotta Go Fast" - Opening theme (USA and CAN)
- "Sonic X" - Opening theme (AUS, NZ and UK)
- "Gotta Go Fast" (shortened) - Closing theme
The fight between Sonic and Dark Oak starts. Sonic directly attacks Dark Oak, but he instantly disappears: it was a hologram. Outside the fortress, a Metarex armada, led by Red Pine, is approaching. Surprisingly, the Red Pine army begins to attack their own fortress, while there still are Metarex inside. Shadow, Rouge, and Chris are transported, via Chaos Control, inside the Crimson Egg. Chris finds a way to steal the emeralds found by Eggman and flees away by using one of Eggman's mini-ships. Shadow follows him and he stops him. Rouge grabs Chris and asks him to give her the emeralds. Chris refuses and Rouge drops him. Knuckles, who's having trouble with piloting the X-Tornado, rescues Chris. Chris, Knuckles, Shadow and Rouge arrive to the fight ground.
The seven Chaos Emeralds are put together, transforming Sonic and Shadow into their super forms. Super Sonic and Super Shadow engage in a fight inside the fortress. At the same moment, a gravitational field is activated inside the fortress and it starts to destroy itself from the inside. The Metarex armada is destroyed, Super Shadow sends the Crimson Egg away with Chaos Control and the Blue Typhoon escapes with the power of the Master Emerald. However, during the event, the seven Chaos Emeralds disappeared.
- Just as Super Sonic and Super Shadow appeared outside the fortress as the gravitational is formed, Super Shadow's muzzle turned the same color as his fur for the duration of the whole scene.
Title in other languages
|Japanese||激突！ソニックvsシャドウ||Clash! Sonic vs Shadow|
|French||Sonic contre Shadow||Sonic against Shadow|
|German||Das Metarex Durcheinander||The Metarex mess|
|Italian||Chiusura definitiva||Permanent Closure|
|Spanish||¡Confrontación! Sonic contra Shadow||Confrontation! Sonic against Shadow|
- The Japanese version of this episode shares a similar title with Cracking Knuckles. (This episode's title translates as "Clash! Sonic vs. Shadow" while Cracking Knuckles' Japanese title translates as "Clash! Sonic vs. Knuckles".)