Ali Baba in Sonic and the Secret Rings.
Sonic and the Secret Rings
80 cm (2ft 7in)
20 kg (44 lbs)
Golden yellow and white
|Alignment and character traits|
|Powers and abilities|
|Moves and techniques|
He is first encountered in the Sand Oasis after being rescued from the minions of Erazor Djinn. He is later seen again after Erazor Djinn summons an Ifrit and announces that Sonic only has half of his life energy left. They go to Ali Baba where he explains that his friend Sinbad may be able to help them. He is seen again when Sonic and Sinbad are fighting and questions the ability to gather enough water to put out a fire genie.
At the end, he had apparently gone on many travels with Sonic and Sinbad until Sonic returned back to his home.
Powers and abilities
Like his alternate counterpart, Ali Baba possesses a genetic abnormality that has granted him two large, fluffy tails. By spinning his two tails around like rotary blades on a helicopter, Ali Baba can achieve flight, allowing him to move through midair.
- "Oh thank you, I thought I was done for." -Ali Baba after being saved by Sonic.
- "Tails? My...my name is Ali Baba." -Ali Baba when Sonic believes he's Tails.
- "Well, according to rumor, he was fighting some pirates when he was taken away by the Rukh. It's a giant bird. Well, not exactly a bird. It's more like a living fossil." -Ali Baba explaining what the Rukh is and what it did to Sinbad.
- "The problem is, where are we going to get ENOUGH water to put out a fire genie, right?" -Ali Baba when Sonic insults Sinbad's idea for the Ifrit.
- Ali Baba's shoes appear to be a simple redesign of Tails' original shoes.
- Ali Baba is the main character in Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves.
- In the game, Ali Baba is seen to give Sonic a magic carpet to allow him to reach Levitated Ruin. This is not true to the story as it is "The Three Brothers" story only which includes a magic carpet, meaning Ali Baba would never have had one (his legend is that he opened a mysterious cave with the words he learnt in passing from the 40 Thieves "Open Sesame").
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Comic)