|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For objects referring to similar terms, see Piko Piko Hammer (disambiguation).
Amy's Hammer, also called the piko hammer or the Basic Hammer, is an object that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. It is the main weapon of Amy Rose and her most precious possession.
Amy's Hammer mostly resembles a giant double-faced, metallic sledgehammer or mallet. It has a dark pink head and thick yellow faces with a dark pink disk on the middle of each one. It also has a long grey handle with brown leather wrapped around the grip.
Features and traits
Despite its innocent appearance, Amy's Hammer is a very powerful, yet sharp melee weapon with the perfect balance of function and design. Capable of dealing massive amounts of damage with seemingly no excessive effort, it can effortlessly smash through rocks, metal and tri-polymer armor with a single strike, yet is graceful enough for swift and fluid movements.
The hammer possesses an handle that can extend or contract and the head can be "charged" for additional power (which is signified by the pink disks on the faces glowing). When hitting something, it tends to create a pink ripple of energy. These ripples can be channeled into the ground to create shockwaves powerful enough to send several people and a ballista flying at the same time. The hammer is similarly immensely durable, being able to withstand and deflect plasma-based projectiles and meteorites falling directly from space. It can also channel a person's Fire or Ice energies, allowing its hits to freeze or melt its targets.
Mixed with Amy's abilities, Amy's Hammer can be used for extensive applications besides combat. When pulling off agile movements in battle, Amy uses her hammer as an extension of her limbs, allowing for more complex combat movements. Amy can as well use it for acrobatic feats by utilizing it as a hook for swinging on bars (or similar objects) and as a spring pole for enhanced leaps. She can also use it as a projectile with amazing accuracy.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
In Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, Amy would put her hammer to good use when working to stop Lyric the Last Ancient's plans to destroy the world, using it to combat the foes Team Sonic met along the way and traverse distant lands.
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
In Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, Amy drew her hammer when she was attacked by Lyric the Last Ancient. Shortly into the fight though, Lyric knocked Amy's Hammer away before placing a Mind Control Device on Amy.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
Amy's Hammer has been used by Amy in countless battles against Dr. Eggman and his robot legions, as well as other foes. Despite using it toughly, Amy would take good care of it. Occasionally, the other members of Team Sonic would help themselves to Amy's Hammer.
During a one-on-one fight between Amy and Eggman, Amy's Hammer was stolen by the doctor for a weapon to be used against Sonic. However, Amy took it back when the weapon was deployed. Sonic later put the hammer to good use by speeding around Seaside Island and using it to deflect asteroid pieces raining down on the island. Another time, Amy had her hammer confiscated when she and her team got forced into labor by the Froglodytes. The hammer was given to one of the Froglodytes' Gogoba slaves to be used for mining, but Amy tricked the Gogoba into giving her the hammer, allowing Amy to free her team.
During Team Sonic's second battle with the Big Boy, Amy's Hammer got stuck inside the mech when it retreated. The loss of her hammer sent Amy into a deep depression over losing what was an essential part to her. The hammer was soon found by Orbot and Cubot who fought over ownership of it, setting in motion a chain of events that destroyed the Big Boy and flung Amy's Hammer into Sonic's hands on Seaside Island, who then returned it to Amy.
Other game appearances
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
The Bronze Hammer is a hammer that Amy can wield in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice for ten Hammer Parts. Made of bronze, the Bronze Hammer shares the general shape and pink face disks of Amy's Hammer, except it has pink patches on the side of each face disk and a ring around the midsection on the head. It also has a thicker grip.
The Silver Hammer is a hammer that Amy can wield in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice for twenty Hammer Parts. Made of differently-shaded silver, the Silver Hammer has the pink face disks and general shape of Amy's Hammer, except its head disks are thinner and its head narrows in around a ring on the midsection. Its middle grip is also thicker.
The Gold Hammer is a hammer that Amy can wield in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice for thirty Hammer Parts. Made of gold, the Gold Hammer shares the general design of Amy's Hammer. However, its head disks are thinner and without face disks. Its head's midsection is also sphere with a recess on each side and a purple light within them. Its grip is also thicker.
The Platinum Hammer is a hammer that Amy can wield in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice for forty Hammer Parts. Made of light blue platinum, the Platinum Hammer's design is nearly the same as the one for Amy's Hammer (including its pink face disks), except its head disks are narrower at the bottom and have studs on the sides. Its grib is also much more solid.
The Titanium Hammer is a hammer that Amy can wield in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice for fifty Hammer Parts. Made of dark yellow titanium, the Titanium Hammer is like Amy's Hammer, but with extra features: its pink face disks are clipped at the edges, its head disks have an extra layer, its midsection is darker and it has disks with purple lights on the sides of the head.
The Ragnium Hammer is a hammer that Amy can wield in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice for sixty Hammer Parts. Made of metallic Ragnium, the Ragnium Hammer resembles a stripped-down, purple version of Amy's Hammer. Though its pink face disks remain, the plating on its head sections are but grey frames while its head narrows in around a purple ring on the midsection.
- Early screenshots and trailers of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric depicted Amy's Hammer with a completely purple handle, flatter faces and no pink disks on the faces.
- The design of Amy's Hammer resembles a mix between its main series counterpart and the Long Hammer with the red from its counterpart changed to a dark pink and leather wrapped around the base of the handle.
- Cyborg Amy has her own copy of Amy's Hammer.
- Amy has insurance for her hammer. However, it is not insured if someone else is using it.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sellner, Joelle (4 April 2015). "Hedgehog Day". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 20. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Sonic Boom #3, "Hammer Spaced"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harrison, Reid (16 July 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harrison, Reid (16 July 2015). "Chili Dog Day Afternoon". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 30. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Freiberger, Sam (22 July 2017). "Return of the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 89. Boomerang.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (1 October 2016). Retrieved on 1 October 2016. “Alexander Soerensen: What do you call Amy's hammer? Piko Piko Hammer? Piko hammer? Amy's Hammer? Basic Hammer? Any other? / Bill Freiberger: Amy's Hammer.”
- ↑ Sanzaru Games (November 21, 2014). Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Area/level: Q-N-C's Toy Shop.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Sonic Boom #3 official solicitation.
- ↑ Sanzaru Games (September 27, 2016). Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Level/Area: Amy's Hammer.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Sonic Boom #1, "Getting a Little Boulder Part One of... Er... One"
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (24 December 2016). "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 59. Boomerang.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Flynn, Ian (17 November 2016). "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 58. Boomerang.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (29 December 2014). Retrieved on 29 December 2014. “Alexander Soerensen: Can Amy's Hammer expand and contract? Or is it just an animation error? / Bill Freiberger: The handle extends.”
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Saisselin, Peter (10 June 2017). "Lightning Bowler Society". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 83. Boomerang.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #2, "Knuckleduster"
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (27 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 4". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 81. Boomerang.