|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
in other media
|Alignment and character traits|
|Skills, abilities and powers|
Amy Rose is one of the protagonists in the upcoming series, Sonic Boom.
Concept and Creation
For the tone of Sonic Boom, Big Red Button Entertainment aimed for Amy to appear as a more "capable" character who would be appealing on her own and make her rise up from being one of the subordinate characters she tends to be in other games. As such, her design was made more "agile and graceful" to make her a strong, able-bodied female character, allowing her to perform difficult physical tasks and make them look easy.
In terms of size, Amy is shorter than Sonic, but taller than Tails. She is also the thinnest of the group. Compared to her appearances in other media, Amy is wearing a red one piece top with a Sarashi around her waist with larger rings and purple tape on her wrist as well as purple stockings over her shoes.
Powers and Abilities
Amy possesses a high level of agility and acrobatic skills which let her do physical feats that would normally be difficult for someone else, such as landing safely from a large fall where Sonic, Tails and Knuckles failed to, and doing so with fluidity and grace.
Piko Piko Hammer
Amy's only known weapon is the Piko Piko Hammer, a large hammer that she uses for melee combat and acrobatic stunts. She is very powerful, graceful and fluid with it when swinging it around.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Appearances in Other Media
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
Amy also appears in the video games Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal. The games serve as a prequel to the TV series, where Amy and her friends Sonic, Tails and Knuckles come to a unknown island to battle an ancient evil named Lyric. Amy is one of the four playable characters in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, where uses her Piko Piko Hammer to either fight enemies using attacks reminiscing the Spin Hammer Attack or to swing on poles. She also has a triple jump, enabling her to jump much higher than her teammates.
In Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, she is captured by Lyric, who plots to use her to find the crystal shards due to her archaeological knowledge.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic Boom official website. Retrieved on 7 February 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Spencer (3 June 2014). All About Creating Sonic Boom: Rise Of Lyric With Big Red Button. Retrieved on 5 June 2014.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Alexa Ray Corriea (6 February 2014). Why Sega handed Sonic over to Western studios and gave him a scarf. Retrieved on 25 February 2014.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Kellie (25 February 2014). Go Behind the Scenes with Sonic Boom. Retrieved on 25 February 2014.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Joshua Yehl (16 July 2014). Archie To Publish Sonic Boom Comic Book Series. Retrieved on 17 July 2014.
- ↑ Mike Williams (6 February 2014). Sonic Boom Brings a Brand-New Sonic to Wii U, 3DS and TV. Retrieved on 13 February 2014.
- ↑ TimmiT (6 February 2014). New Spin-off Franchise Sonic Boom Revealed, Will Have TV Shows and Video Games [Updated]. Retrieved on 13 February 2014.
- ↑ Kellie (29 May 2014). Introducing Sticks to the Sonic Boom Franchise. Retrieved on 30 May 2014.