|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
in other media
|Alignment and character traits|
|Skills, abilities and powers|
Concept and Creation
For the tone of Sonic Boom, Big Red Button Entertainment aimed for Amy to appear as a more "capable" character who would be appealing on her own and make her rise up from being one of the subordinate characters she tends to be in other games. As such, her design was made more "agile and graceful" to make her a strong, able-bodied female character, allowing her to perform difficult physical tasks and make them look easy.
In terms of size, Amy is shorter than Sonic, but taller than Tails. She is also the thinnest of the group. Compared to her appearances in other media, Amy is wearing a red one piece top with a Sarashi around her waist with larger rings and purple tape on her wrist as well as purple stockings over her shoes.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
In Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, Amy was out foiling another one of Dr. Eggman's evil plans with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles and eventually arrived on an new island. There, they find an ancient tomb sealed deep within the island where Amy and her friends come across a powerful villain from the Ancients named Lyric, who plans to power his army of war mongering robots with the Chaos Crystals to destroy everything organic and create a world of twisted metal and robots. To stop Lyric, Amy and her team have to work together and find the Chaos Crystals before Lyric.
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
In Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, Amy discovered a secret ancient language and manuscript detailing the history and whereabouts of a Lost Crystal of Power. As she was out investigating, she contacted Sonic when she met Lyric who knocked her out with a device and kidnapped her, so he could use her knowledge to find the crystal and seize its power.
On a bright day on the beach, Amy came to Sonic and Tails aid with Knuckles fight Dr. Eggman and one of his mechs. Together, the quartet beat Eggman's mech and drove him off. Shortly after though, Sticks arrived and told them that Tails' house had been robbed. Amy then came with Sticks and the gang to Tails' house, where they discovered that it was gone: what Sticks meant to say was that Tails' whole house had been stolen, and she described the thief as a "cyborg rock golem" that rose from the ground, something Amy found funny.
Amy is smart, independent, strong, and confident. She is a natural leader and organizer but can get bossy to everyone around her, though it is just because she knows what others want before they do. She is sweet and has ballerina-like gracefulness, but also a capable and tough cookie. She is (most of the time) the sensible member of her group of friends.
Powers and Abilities
Amy possesses a high level of agility and acrobatic skills which let her do physical feats that would normally be difficult for someone else, such as performing body flips and landing safely from a large fall with fluidity and grace where Sonic, Tails and Knuckles failed to. She is also a capable combatant and can hold her own in battle.
Besides physical strengths, Amy is a history buff who has studied the legends and lore of her mysterious world and has useful knowledge of the ancient areas that she explores with her friends.
Amy's primary weapon and most prized possession is the piko hammer, a large hammer that she uses for melee combat and acrobatic stunts. She is very powerful, graceful and fluid with it when swinging it around.
Sticks the Badger
Amy is best friends with the wild girl Sticks the Badger. She helps Sticks adapt to civilization while Sticks is willing to go to extremes to protect Amy. The two are also shown to work well together in combat.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Like other versions of herself from other continuities, Amy is in love with Sonic the Hedgehog. However, she is not constantly fawning over Sonic, and actively keeps her crush on him a secret, even from Sonic himself.
- Amy is said to make delicious cookies.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic Boom official website. Retrieved on 7 February 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 SONIC BOOM. Characters: Amy Rose. Retrieved on 25 July 2014.
- ↑ Mike Williams (6 February 2014). Sonic Boom Brings a Brand-New Sonic to Wii U, 3DS and TV. Retrieved on 13 February 2014.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Spencer (3 June 2014). All About Creating Sonic Boom: Rise Of Lyric With Big Red Button. Retrieved on 5 June 2014.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Alexa Ray Corriea (6 February 2014). Why Sega handed Sonic over to Western studios and gave him a scarf. Retrieved on 25 February 2014.
- ↑ GamerHub.TV Staff (2 June 2014 10:00 AM). Sonic Boom Gameplay Preview Interview. Retrieved on 11 October 2014.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #1, "Getting a Little Boulder Part One of... Er... One"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Kellie (25 February 2014). Go Behind the Scenes with Sonic Boom. Retrieved on 25 February 2014.
- ↑ Joshua Yehl (16 July 2014). Archie To Publish Sonic Boom Comic Book Series. Retrieved on 17 July 2014.
- ↑ Kellie (29 May 2014). Introducing Sticks to the Sonic Boom Franchise. Retrieved on 30 May 2014.
- ↑ Sonic Boom, "Translate This"