|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
Andrew Rannells was a voice actor who worked on the premises of 4Kids, where he voiced various characters in animated shows such as Sonic X and Pokémon. Since leaving 4Kids in 2006, he has appeared in such Broadway musicals as Jersey Boys and Hairspray. He originated in the role of Elder Price in the musical The Book of Mormon, for which he was nominated for a Tony award. He stared as Bryan in the NBC sitcom The New Normal and is currently playing the recurring role of Elijah on the HBO television series Girls.
Sonic the Hedgehog voice works
- Sonic X: Mr. Stewart, E-102 Gamma, E-101 Beta, Decoe, other characters
- Shadow the Hedgehog: GUN soldiers
- In addition to being the voice director, Rannells had voiced the most roles in Sonic X.
- Many Sonic fans didn't like his take on Gamma, where he gave the character a high-pitched voice.
- Rannells also voiced Archie Comics mascot Archie Andrews in DiC's show Archie's Weird Mysteries. Archie Comics currently produces the Sonic Universe and Sonic the Hedgehog comics, and DiC created Sonic Underground, Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM), and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- He came out as gay in 2012.