|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies, and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
Android is a mobile operating system for smartphones and tablets, developed by Android Inc. (now owned by Google), the Open Handset Alliance, and the Android Open Source Project, and it was initially released in 2008. Unlike iOS, Android is open-source, allowing the use of the OS on not only smartphones and Tablets, but also video gaming consoles, and even smart-watches. As of January 14, 2015, up to eleven games has been released on Google Play, with Sonic Advance available only for Japanese Android customers. All of the games released that were on Google Play had also been released on the Amazon App Store for Kindle Fire (including the Kindle Fire HD and HDX) plus all other Android Devices.
List of Games
- Sonic The Hedgehog
- Sonic Advance (Japan Only)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
- Sonic CD (Demo version is also available)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II (THD and Demo versions is also available)
- Sonic Jump
- Sonic Dash
- Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Sonic The Hedgehog 2
- Sonic Jump Fever
- Sonic Runners
- Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
- The Android Market was renamed Google Play Store on 6 March 2012.
- The port of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I is more like the iPad version than the iPod/iPhone version.
- Oddly, this version of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I is shown to only be 1.2MB. This is due to the game having to download all the additional data upon first startup, eventually clocking in at around 40MB.
- Currently, the smallest Android handset in the market is Sony Ericsson's Xperia X10 Mini (released in 2010). The biggest is Samsung's Galaxy Note (released in 2011).
- The Android Robot, which is also the logo for the Android operating system, also appeared on the Google Play version of Sonic Dash as a playable character on limited time event on June 19, 2014. Using the Robot fifty times will unlock a Sonic version of the Android Robot known as "Andronic the Droid Hog."