This page explains how to obtain every Red Star Ring in Aquarium Park.
- When Act starts, the player should use the boost to get higher into the rings above so that they can take another path leading directly to the Red Star Ring. If they take the normal path, when they get inside the first building, they must defeat the robots, use the springs to go up, then defeat more robots and use the next set of springs, which will send them up a tall blue aquarium. From the top, the player must double jump backwards into a rainbow ring with the medal right above.
- After the first checkpoint, the player will reach a large pool they can swim down into. At the end, they can dive down along the rock wall to find a yellow capsule and to the right of a mine surrounded by rings. To the right of this is the second Red Star Ring next to a wall.
- After getting the second Red Star Ring, the player should continue swimming right and then go down using the drill power, then check the right wall to find a pipe. They should enter it, then swim up to the pipe in the top-right corner of the wall in the new room, which will lead them to the third ring.
- After the first checkpoint, if the player takes the path above the water instead of diving down into the pool, they will eventually come to a large platform moving downward, with crystals scattered about. The player must ensure that they have a cyan wisp obtained and wait for the platform to reach the bottom. They should then defeat all the robots, then press the switch on the left wall and stand on the crate in the middle. The player should face right and aim the laser between the crates so that they hit the crystal on the right. It will send them flying into a Red Star Ring.
- After the third checkpoint, the player will go down a path, then take a pulley up and cross a narrow passage that goes up with spikes on the ceiling. They should use boost to cross, then fall into the water. The player must swim down, then left and go back up to find a passageway with a Red Star Ring above. If they jump out of the water, the player should jump high enough to grab the ring, using a double jump to reach it as they emerge from the water.
- At the beginning of the Act, the player should grab the first blue capsule they come across. They should soon spot the first Red Star Ring under some blue blocks. The player must use the cube wisp above to fall below and collect the first Red Star Ring.
- Right after getting the first Red Star Ring, the player should continue left to find the second one on some blue blocks.
- On the spinning platforms after the first checkpoint, in plain sight.
- On a spinning platform right before the Goal Ring, also in plain sight.
- After the first checkpoint, the player should grab the first blue capsule they find, then jump on the small platform to the right and use the cube wisp to change the rings into blue blocks. From there, they must cross the middle row of blocks and get on the small platform on the other side, then use cube again and jump on the top blocks. The player then needs to double jump to get into a Dash Ring above to go higher, then go to the right, grabbing another blue wisp along the way. They must use the cube wisp and boost across the blocks to the right, then jump and use cube again to crush the metal crates. Continuing right, the player must use the cube wisp once more to make more blue blocks to cross, taking care to make haste in order to reach the end without falling prematurely. They should keep jumping from block to block to reach the last Red Star Ring at the end of the Act.
- At the beginning of the Act, the player should enter the water and travel all the way to the very bottom, grab an air bubble, then continue right to find three orange wisp capsules. The player should take the third one and use the rocket wisp toward the line of rings, launching them all the way out of the water and high into the air. As they fall down, they must avoid the spiked balls and navigate down to the Red Star Ring below some spikes.
- After getting the first Red Star Ring, the player should go back into the water below and dive down to the bottom, then go right and take the pulley up at the end. They should grab an air bubble before taking the next pulley up and going to the right. The player must dive down to where the air currents are to the very bottom once again, then get the orange wisp capsule in the middle and use it to be launched up into the air above the water. As they fall down, the player must position themselves between the spikes to fall into a Red Star Ring.
- After getting the second Red Star Ring, the player will fall back down on platforms underneath the spikes. They must drop down from those to fall on other platforms below, then go to the path to the right (under the rail) and dive down into the water. The player should get the orange wisp capsule above the pipe at the bottom and use the rocket wisp to fly up into a Red Star Ring between some more spiked balls.
- After getting the third Red Star Ring, the player will fall down on a rail with a loop. After the next rail, the player should avoid going forward and to the right, instead going back left into the water under the rail. They must grab the orange wisp capsule there, then go to the right and line themselves up with the line of rings before using the rocket wisp to be launched up. The player can then fall down between the spikes to collect another ring.
- (Purple Frenzy needed). After the fourth Red Star Ring, the player must go past the first checkpoint and grab the purple wisp capsule, then use frenzy while the platform is going down to eat away the metal crates. They should collect other capsules to remain in frenzy mode and stay near the middle of the platform, where there will eventually be a Red Star Ring surrounded by some crates.
- Just as the Act begins, instead of jumping on the spring in front of Sonic, the player should go left into the water and cross to the other side. The first Red Star Ring is on the left above the water.
- After the first checkpoint, the player should stay on the surface and cross three pools of water. They will soon come to a wall which they can slide under, or go up using a pole. The player should use the pole to go up and grab the cyan wisp capsule, then stand on the platform to the right and use the laser wisp. They must aim the laser on the right crates so that they hit the crate on the left and bounce back to the other side. From there, the player must grab the next cyan wisp, then aim the laser on the right crates so that they hit the left crate at the bottom and move to the next side. The player then needs to grab the other cyan wisp capsule and aim the laser at the top crate so that they bounce back to the crates on the other side. They will collect the Red Star Ring as they do so. (the player should always ensure that the path of the laser will bounce sonic to a different crate as a rule of thumb)
- After the second Red Star Ring, the player should go up the slope to the right to find the second checkpoint. To the left of the checkpoint is a pool of water; the player must dive in and swim all the way to the left to find the third ring.
- After getting the third Red Star Ring, the player must grab the yellow wisp capsule nearby and swim back to the right using the drill wisp. At the end of the area, the player should enter the pipe to reach another area, then stomp on the crates to the right to go down into more water and get the yellow wisp capsule below. They need to use the drill and go to the right until they find another capsule, collect it, then swim down to find another pipe. The player should go in to move left to another area with the fourth ring within.
- After getting the fourth Red Star Ring, the player should continue through the pipe to the left, then keep following the path (on land) until they reach a small fountain. They should hit it to go up, then destroy the robots to the right and go down. The player should ensure that they obtained a cyan wisp on the way here, and they should see the Red Star Ring in between some crates on the left. The player must aim the laser power at the crates to destroy them and get the ring.
- Soon after beginning the Act, the first Red Star Ring can be found in plain view above some platforms and explosive crates.
- Shortly after the first Red Star Ring, the player must jump on the explosive crates to reach a platform with the second ring. They must push the metal crate in the way with a charged up boost to collect it.
- After the first checkpoint, the player will see this Red Star Ring on their way under some explosive crates. They must stomp onto the bounce pad to jump higher and reach it.
- Right after the third Red Star Ring, it can be seen on top of more explosive crates. The player must stomp and bounce up to get it.
- A slight distance before the Goal Ring, the final Red Star Ring can be found behind some explosive crates as the player goes up. They must touch the crates so they explode, then get out of the way and go back to collect it after the explosion.
- At the beginning of the Act, the player should dive into the water and go right, grabbing air bubbles along the way. They must go upward at some point to find circles of rings with mines, one of which has a yellow wisp capsule. The player must use the drill wisp to go right and go into one of the pipes, continue right, then go up at the end. They should go down when the path opens up to the right, then get into the pipe on the right. The player then needs to down again, then all the way to the left to find the Red Star Ring.
- After the second checkpoint, the player should grab the green wisp capsule and use hover to go up. They must dash through the line of rings to go up faster, time is of the essence. The player should also dash through the small ring trail in front of then, but not through the long spiraling one after the robots. Instead, they should fly up past the robots, into the ceiling and above the roof. As soon as the hover power runs out, the player must hold down the boost button to dash forward through the air and land on a platform with a pulley. They should go up, then jump on the platforms to the left to get the green wisp capsule. The player then needs to jump from platform to platform to the left while avoiding the enemies, finally using the hover wisp to fly left to a Red Star Ring.
- After the hover section, the player will fall down through a building. They must get into the opening in the wall and hit the dash panel to grab a zipline leading into the Red Star Ring.
- After the hover section while the player is falling down into the building, instead of going into the opening in the wall to get the Red Star Ring on the zipline, they should fall to the very bottom and land on the blue floor before double jumping back across the pit behind them to hit a Dash Panel, which will send them right into the ring.
- At the very end of the level, on the right of the Goal Ring is a passage with eels coming out of it. The last Red Star Ring is in between the eels.