Archie Mega Man Issue 51 is the fifty-first issue in the Mega Man comic series. It is the eighth part of the "Worlds Unite" crossover.
- IS ALL LOST?! The evil Sigma unleashes an unstoppable army in "Worlds Unite" Part Eight: Sonic, Mega Man and X lead the unified army against Sigma’s horde of resurrected Mavericks! Sigma has now taken command of the Genesis Portals, threatening to fuse together even MORE worlds! With our heroes’ time and strength running out, Sticks returns with reinforcements—and you’ll never believe who she recruited! Featuring cover art from the legendary Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, and variant cover art from Sonic rising star Diana Skelly and part 8 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!
Worlds Unite! Part Eight: Holes in Reality
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Edwin Huang
- Inks: Gary Martin
- Colors: Gabriel Cassata
- Letters: John Workman
- Assistant Editor: Jonathan H. Gray
- Editor: Vincent Lovallo
- Editor-in-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Publisher: Jon Goldwater
- Special Thanks to: Eddie Muzuno, Stacy-Arnold Strider, Patrick Riley and to the character business and Licensing Department of Sega Corporation.
- Special Thanks to: Francis Mao, Noriko Matsunaga, Susan Suarez and Hiromi Iwasaki at Capcom media & Consumer products and to 飛田栄実.
The evil Sigma unleashes an unstoppable army of resurrected Mavericks, and although tired and injured, the unified army led by Sonic, Mega Man and X must fight against them. Axl is disturbed by the reappearance of his old Red Alert foes, but X assures him it's better that they rest in peace. X then meets with Zero, who is grateful that Colonel and Iris aren't among them. Wily and Eggman attempt to help with their cannon, only to have it destroyed by Tornado Tonion before they are saved by their arch-enemies.
With the heroes nearly beaten, Sigma opens multiple Genesis Portals and prepares to fuse together more worlds, sending Mavericks with Unity Engines to each of them, leaving behind Vanishing Gungaroo, Burn Rooster, Dynamo and Double to finish them off. With time running out, Sticks returns with reinforcements from the World of Street Fighter: Chun-Li, Ryu, Ken and Guile. The Street Fighter cast quickly turns the tables and defeats the Mavericks. Seeing this, Sally comes up with a plan: recruit heroes from multiple worlds to help stop Sigma. Eggman wants a back-up plan, but it turns out that between him and the Freedom Fighters, all seven Chaos Emeralds have been gathered.
With Sigma ignoring the heroes due to his belief in his overwhelming power, some of the cast agrees to stay behind and guard the Emeralds while the others head through the Genesis Portals and recruit who they can. Wily and Eggman, however, finally see their chance at reaching the Master Engine and acquiring all that power for themselves. As they prepare to concoct a plan, Xander Payne warps them straight into the heart of the Lost Hex, putting them with distance of the engine with the good guys none the wiser.
- Colonel (First appearance) (Flashback)
- Dr. Albert W. Wily
- Dr. Eggman
- Iris (First appearance) (Flashback)
- Armored Armadillo
- Blast Hornet
- Blizzard Wolfang
- Boomer Kuwanger
- Bubble Crab
- Burn Rooster
- Chill Penguin
- Dark Mantis
- Dynamo (First appearance)
- Flame Stag
- Frost Walrus
- Grizzly Slash
- Infinity Mijinion
- Launch Octopus
- Optic Sunflower
- Rainy Turtloid
- Shield Sheldon
- Soldier Stonekong
- Split Mushroom
- Sting Chameleon
- Tidal Makkoeen
- Tunnel Rhino
- Vanishing Gungaroo
- Wheel Gator
- Metal Sonic (Mentioned)
- Unified Army
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Maverick Hunters
- New Freedom Fighters
- Robot Masters
- Team Sticks
- Xander Payne
- Chaos Emerald
- Egg-Wily Uppity Robot Scrambler Cannon
- Master Engine (Mentioned)
- Piko Piko Hammer
- Power Ring
- Unity Engine
- Sigma is still in the new body he assumed in Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills". Sigma would discard it in Sonic the Hedgehog #275, "Worlds Unite Part Eleven: Killing The Giant".
- The Maverick army Sigma created in Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills" attack the Unified Army.
- Sigma uses some Genesis Portals to send the army to other worlds to activate more Unity Engines, many of which the Unified Army would stop over the course of Sonic Universe #78, "Worlds Unite Part Nine: Infinite Possibilities" and Sonic Boom #10, "Worlds Unite Part Ten: Justice Across Worlds."
- Sticks brings Ryu, Ken Masters, Chun-Li and Guile to fight the Mavericks after recruiting them in Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills".
- The warriors of the world of Street Fighters destroys four Mavericks. Sticks would recall this in Sonic Universe #78, "Worlds Unite Part Nine: Infinite Possibilities".
- Eggman calls for Metal Sonic to bring the last Chaos Emerald. He would arrive with it in Sonic Boom #10, "Worlds Unite Part Ten: Justice Across Worlds".
- The Unified Army head into the Genesis Portals to recruit heroes from other worlds to help out. This search would continue from Sonic Universe #78, "Worlds Unite Part Nine: Infinite Possibilities" to Sonic Boom #10, "Worlds Unite Part Ten: Justice Across Worlds."
- Drs. Eggman and Wily and Xander Payne secretly infiltrate the Lost Hex and begin enacting their plan to double-cross the heroes. This plot would be foiled by Payne in Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"
- When Xander was last seen, he was wearing his orange jail uniform, but in this issue, he is wearing his normal outfit. How he did so is unknown.
One of the readers is reading the latest issue of Worlds Unite. He comments how exciting it is, and wishes to be a part of it. Comedy Chimp tells him to trade places with him and Fastidious Beaver and to tell the writer to take them home, as they run away from Sigma.
- Sonic: If you had a diabolical back-stabbing plan, now might be a good time to redirect it at these guys!
- Dr. Eggman: I...I don't!
- Sonic: How can you be out of ideas?! I thought you had the "master plan"!
- Dr. Eggman: You're the one who always saves the day! What's your excuse? Run out of "fast"?!
- Sticks: Da-da-da-daaaaa! Presenting the new and improved Team Sticks! NOW LET'S GET 'EM!!!
- Chun-Li: Spinning Bird-Kick!
- Sally: Wow!
- Ken: Shoryuken!
- Knuckles: I gotta try that!
- Ryu: Hadouken!
- Mega Man: [looks at his Mega Buster] ...Huh.
- Guile: Sonic Boom!
- Sonic: [Gives an unimpressed look]
- Ken: Haha--it's like we've stepping into a kids' cartoon or something.
- Ryu: It's certainly...odd.
- Sonic: Happy hunting, guys! You'd better bring back somebody cool!
- Mega Man: Haha! You too! [To Amy] He never gives up, does he?
- Amy: Never! And you've kept pace with him this entire time--you're just as impressive!
- Mega Man: Aww... thanks!
- Dr. Wily: Let Mega Man and the others do all the fighting for us!
- Dr. Eggman: Let Super Sonic bounce uselessly against Sigma's armor!
- Dr. Wily: We'll find the Master Engine while they're all distracted...
- Dr. Eggman: ...And harness its power for ourselves!
- Drs. Eggman and Wily: And then our geniuses will rule all of creation!
- The line on the first variant cover, "Bald Is Beautiful", is a nod to the number of bald major characters in the crossover.
- Despite appearing in the second variant cover, Princess Prin Prin from the "Ghost 'n Goblins" series does not appear in the Worlds Unite crossover.