Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- The SONIC/MEGA MAN crossover event GOES BOOM! "Worlds Unite" Part Six: The war against Sigma has been waged! Sonic, Mega Man and X lead their unified friends against hordes of mechaniloids led by the armored, super-powered Deadly Six! That sounds pretty scary and exciting, and now is definitely the time for everyone to work together and pay close attention. Especially Sticks. She tends to do some distracting stuff, like falling off the Sky Patrol and landing into a Genesis Portal or something—wait? Did she really? Well, where did she land? No way! Is that - -?! You won't believe where Sticks lands, but what you BETTER believe is that this issue sports some awesome cover art by Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and the return of the EVIL FRIENDS FOREVER (E.F.F.) variant by Brent McCarthy! Plus part 6 of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!
Worlds Unite! Part Six: Fire in the Sky
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Edwin Huang
- Inks: Gary Martin
- Colorist: Gabriel Cassata
- Letters: John Workman
- Assistant Editor: Jonathan H. Gray
- Editor: Vincent Lovallo
- Editor-in-chief: Victor Gorelick
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Publisher: Jon Goldwater
- Special Thanks to: Eddie Muzuno, Stacy-Arnold Strider, Patrick Riley and to the character business and Licensing Department of Sega Corporation.
- Special Thanks to: Francis Mao, Noriko Matsunaga, Susan Suarez and Hiromi Iwasaki at Capcom media and Consumer products and to 飛田栄実.
The Sky Patrol arrives in the Lost Hex's airspace, and the Unified Army of Freedom Fighters, Robot Masters, Maverick Hunters, and Team Sticks find themselves facing the Deadly Six and an army of Mechaniloids. As the heroes face off with these enemies, Mega Man shouts his determination out to his enemies, while Sonic the Hedgehog encourages him to take things easier. Battling Mechaniloids, X and Zero recognize ones that they've defeated previously and realize that Sigma must be using the Genesis Portals to bring them back. Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver, very much out of their element, turn tail and run for cover, much to the annoyance of their "leader" Sticks the Badger. As she pursues her fleeing team, the Navigators warn the others of the approaching Deadly Six.
Within the Sky Patrol, Nicole helps to keep an eye on Drs. Eggman and Wily, who insist it is unnecessary. While working on a device, the two have privately used the commotion to begin preparing a back-up plan, as well noting the escape pod location in the event they need to jump ship and reach the Lost Hex and the Master Engine.
At the battle, the Deadly Six arrive and prove to be more of a challenge than the Mechaniloids. X has Sally inform the others to finish off the lesser foes before they regroup to take on the Zeti. Sigma, meanwhile, continues to revive more commanders and pulls others from the future (like Bamboo Pandamonium and Burn Rooster), confident in his ease of troop replacement.
Sticks, her attempts to corral her former team having failed, rushes to the aid of the others and is hit by Zomom, falling off the Sky Patrol into a Genesis Portal. She arrives in another world, where she's met by a Chinese woman who inquires as to who she is.
After taking care of all Mechaniloids, the heroes use teamwork and their unique abilities to subdue the Deadly Six. The Zeti appear defeated and Zero notes the armor is controlling them through use of the Sigma Virus. He suggests to put them out of their misery, but X doesn't condone it as they are living beings and offers the Deadly Six a chance to surrender. However, the Zeti use this time to pull out their technopathic abilities and all robots find themselves unwillingly under their control and ready to turn on the Freedom Fighters.
- Chun-Li (First appearance)
- Deadly Six
- Maverick Hunters
- Unified Army
- Dr. Albert W. Wily
- Dr. Eggman
- Freedom Fighters
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Robot Masters
- Team Sticks
- Deadly Six's Armor
- Egg-Wily Uppity Robot Scrambler Cannon (First appearance)
- Master Engine
- Piko Piko Hammer
- This story continues from where the unified heroes confronted the Mechaniloid army and the Deadly Six in Sonic Universe #77, "Words Unite! Part Five: Everybody in the Same Boat".
- The Deadly Six are still under Sigma's mind control, which Sigma used on them through their armor in Sonic Universe #76, "Worlds Unite! Part One: Across Time and Space". They would be freed from their armor in Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills".
- Drs. Eggman and Wily start working on their Egg-Wily Uppity Robot Scrambler Cannon to stop the Deadly Six and disable machines. It would be completed in Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills".
- Sticks falls into a Genesis Portal and ends up in the world of Street Fighter, where she meets up with Chun-Li. She would use this opportunity to gather allies in Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills", and then come to the unified heroes aid with her new allies in Mega Man #51.
- The Deadly Six use their abilities to take control of the Robot Masters and the Maverick Hunters, and force them to attack the other heroes. Their hold over them would be broken in Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills".
Sticks puts her head through a Genesis Portal to find out where it leads, only for the other end to open behind her, leaving her staring at herself looking into a Genesis Portal while Mega Man looks on.
- The Off-Panel's subtitle is a reference to the Mortal Kombat series.
- Zavok: We are the Deadly Six. We do not surrender. We conquer. We kill. We control!
- This is the second Sonic Boom issue in a row in which the Sonic Boom version of Sonic does not appear on the cover. Sticks the Badger is, once again, the only character from the series to appear. This is also the first Sonic Boom issue ever in which the Sonic Boom incarnations of Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Tails and Eggman, Orbot and Sonic do not appear within the main story.
- The unified army character page is similar to a character select screen from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U, a game that both Sonic and Mega Man, as well as Street Fighter's Ryu, appeared in.
- The recap page is moved back to being on the first page for this issue only, with the unified army page mentioned above on page two. As a result, the actual story begins on page three.
- This issue marks the return of the "Evil Friends Forever" variant cover, the first and only time is it was seen as a reference to the series of variant covers featured in Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide.
- This issue and the next issue mistakenly have the ISSN code for Sonic Universe (that being 2157-3050) rather than the actual Sonic Boom ISSN code (which is 2375-351X).