- As Archie Action Comics races toward the WORLDS UNITE crossover event, prepare yourself with an all-new prequel tale: THE GENESIS PORTAL! When a strange energy signature appears on Sonic’s shattered world, what could it mean for our heroes and their fight to save the planet? And what ominous implications will this have for the WORLDS UNITE event? Featuring new story and art from the superstar Archie Sonic team! The SONIC SUPER SPECIAL MAGAZINE gives you the world of Sonic the Hedgehog comics as you’ve never seen it before, with tons of comic stories, special features and exclusive articles on the latest and greatest in the world of everyone’s favorite blue hedgehog-hero! This issue also features a special encore selection from the history-making “WORLDS COLLIDE” storyline, and much, much more! All this plus the extra features you love, an interview with Sonic newcomer Diana Skelly AND a super special shiny foil-enhanced cover featuring art by Sonic comic superstar Ben Bates!
Sonic Comic Origins: Into the Unknown
Control Part 2: Unleashed!
Champions Part One: The Gang's All Here
Babylon Rising Part 2: Reunion
The Chase: Part 2 - Locomotion Commotion
- The front cover of this issue was used as one of the promotional artworks for Worlds Unite.
- This issue was originally scheduled to be released in March 2015, but was delayed. This issue briefly saw a digital release in June that same year but was quickly removed again. The issue has still yet to see a physical release.
- The solicit for this issue was the first piece of media to showcase "Into the Unknown" chapter of Sonic Comic Origins and was initially believed to be the issue where it would debut. However it ended up debuting in Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man Free Comic Book Day 2015 instead (due to the aforementioned delay).
- "Babylon Rising: Part 2" was included to promote the release of the Sonic Universe Volume 9: Babylon Rising graphic novel, which was set to be released around the same time as the magazines originally scheduled release but has since been similarly delayed.