- SONIC SUPER SPECIAL MAGAZINE is back and better than ever! The first Sonic comic magazine in Archie history, already packed with over 100 pages of comics, news, and features, will also feature a BRAND-NEW Sonic Video-Game story! Sega's hottest new game is getting the comic book treatment, and it's ONLY available in this deluxe, magazine-sized, quarterly collection! Also featured is the dramatic return of Dr. Eggman, the birth of New Mobotropolis and the new SONIC TIME LINE, which features more new art from fan-favorite artists Jamal Peppers and Tracy Yardley!
Time for a Comeback
Sonic the Hedgehog has just defeated the Egg Destroyer Battlesuit in space and returns to Earth where he meets up with Tails. Sonic learns from Tails that the Little Planet is about to make its' annual return. Sonic has a quick flashback to when he first went to the Little Planet and how he battled Metal Sonic for the first time and saved Amy Rose. Sonic and Tails then head towards the Little Planet, while Doctor Eggman prepares for the return of Metal Sonic.
Go Ahead, Mecha My Day
Reigning Cats and Dogs - Part one
Reigning Cats and Dogs - Part Two
Cracking the Empire
- News Flash: Latest news from the world of Sonic
- Sonic 4 Episode II Primer
- What's What: Time Stones & Little Planet
- The Mobius Timeline Part 3
- Interview with artist Ben Bates
- This is the first issue of the Sonic Super Special Magazine series to feature a new story, as well as the first to feature a cover consisting of new artwork.
- In the story "Time for a Comeback", Sonic's quotes are taken from his appearance in the Wii video game Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This includes the taunts Sonic uses in gameplay such as "Come on! Step it up!" and "You're too slow!"
- Regardless of the continuity of the first story, the "What's What" feature explains that the Little Planet does indeed exist in the Mobius Prime universe.
- The "What's What" feature on the history of the Time Stones, seems to combine both elements from the Sonic the Hedgehog CD video game, and the Sonic the Hedgehog television series two-part episode "Blast to the Past".
- On the last page of "Go Ahead, Mecha My Day", the giant finger, which is meant to represent the readers finger giving the order for the crusher to come down on Robotnik, is altered to resemble a gloved finger, rather than a bare human finger. The reason for this change is unknown.