Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Time and Again": The second issue of the new, ever-expanding, all-encompassing series revolving around Sonic’s many friends and foes, with continuity aligning with the regular monthly Sonic comic. It is the eve of Sonic’s big confrontation with Dr. Robotnik, but Shadow and Rouge have other plans. As the three of them embark on a crucial midnight raid, readers will have the opportunity to simultaneously look back on a time when Sonic and Shadow weren’t so friendly as they witness the lost tale of their battle for the ARK! It’s déjà vu all over again as the present and past run parallel in this high-action tale!
Time & Again
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Tracy Yardley
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Colors: Jason Jensen
- Letters: Teresa Davidson
- Editor & Managing editor: Mike Pellerito
- Editor-in-Chief: Victor Gorelick
- Special thanks to: Kristin Parcell and Cindy Chau at SEGA Licensing
The issue begins with a view of a past battle between Sonic and Shadow back on Prison Island. The two threaten each other, and then fight. Shadow receives a message from Rouge saying that she obtained the six Chaos Emeralds. It then flashes back to the present. Sonic wakes up in the camp in New Megaopolis and is greeted by Shadow, who is on a mission from G.U.N. (mentioned in the previous issue). Shadow asks Sonic if he would join him and Rouge on a support mission. Sonic begins to go wake his friends, but Shadow tells him that he is the only one who should come. That is fine by Sonic, who leaves the forcefield surrounding the camp by spin dashing through the ground, and coming out on the other side where Shadow is. Shadow tells Sonic that they will be going to a large converted observatory, and Sonic challenges Shadow to a race, taking off toward the observatory. Shadow responds with a "hmph!" and proceeds to follow Sonic.
Back in the past, Shadow and Sonic finish their duel in the jungle when Eggman tells Shadow that the island will blow in five minutes, and he is fine with Rouge being trapped in a vault with the emeralds. Sonic asks Shadow for a truce to rescue Rouge. Shadow reluctantly agrees, and the two race off to the vault, and Shadow uses Chaos Control to teleport himself, Sonic, and Rouge to Eggman's pyramid base. Shadow leaves the two there and teleports away. Sonic and Rouge decide to confront Eggman, and Rouge knows just how do it. Back in the present, Rouge tells Sonic about how Eggman converted an observatory telescope into the Doom Laser, and how it will destroy Sonic's camp. Shadow then arrives and states his theory about how Eggman is losing touch with reality, but Sonic is skeptical about it.
In the present, the three then invade the observatory. Rouge tries to hack into the system while Sonic and Shadow keep her safe from the security laser beams. In the past, Sonic hides from an E-1000 unit while Rouge searches for the key to Eggman's base. In the present again, the control panel Rouge is trying to hack into self destructs. In the past yet again, Sonic and Rouge steal a space shuttle to go to the Space Colony ARK. Back in the present, Shadow and Sonic try to directly destroy the cannon, but it proves immune to spin dashes and Chaos Spears. However, Rouge has an idea and tells the hedgehogs to attack the Doom Laser's bracing. In the past, Sonic and Shadow battle below the Space Colony ARK in a race to the Eclipse Cannon. Shadow soundly defeats Sonic with a Chaos Spear. In the present, Sonic and Shadow attack the cannon's bracing, but unfortunately it falls in the perfect angle-at Sonic's camp. In the past, the Biolizard has appeared and teleports to the outside of the ARK, keeping it on its collision course with Mobius. Shadow feels that he failed Maria but Sonic suggests they use the seven Chaos Emeralds. The two become Super Sonic and Super Shadow, and they attack the Biolizard outside the ARK.
In the present, Shadow takes off his Inhibitor Rings and turns into Chaos Shadow. The transformed Shadow uses Chaos Control to destroy the Doom Laser. Back in a final glimpse to the past, Super Sonic and Super Shadow teleport the ARK back into orbit. Shadow loses his energy and falls to Mobius. In a similar scene, in the present, Sonic saves Shadow from falling off the Doom Laser. He replies, "Yeah. We're not going through that again." Soon, Sonic and Shadow have a talk about the upcoming battle with Dr. Robotnik. Shadow wishes Sonic luck, and the blue hedgehog thanks him and speeds off. Rouge comments about how Sonic and Shadow's relationship is much better than it used to, but Shadow says that they are not friends; Sonic only has his respects. Rouge has her doubts, though.
Sonic and Shadow are reading the script of the comic. Sonic states that Sonic Adventure 2 was released in 2001 and they were only adding it to the comic now. He suggests by 2010, they'll have completed Sonic Heroes. Knuckles arrives and asks about his comic and says he doesn't appear until Issue 9, though he was in Sonic Adventure 2. Sonic tells Knuckles to talk to Shadow who instantly warps away, leaving Sonic to deal with Knuckles.
- Knuckles, Tails, Sally, Espio and Julie-Su make a cameo appearance in the camp.
- The story is told in between flashbacks, as it switches back and forth to the Sonic Adventure 2 story adaptation to present day.
- Sonic Universe #2 and Sonic #198 post at Archie Blogs (StH).
- 2nd Sonic Universe #2 and Sonic #198 post at Archie Blogs (StH).
- Sonic Universe #2 post at Archie Blogs (SU).
- Sonic Universe #2 and Sonic #198 post at Archie Blogs (SU).
- 2nd Sonic Universe #2 and Sonic #198 post at Archie Blogs (SU).
- Sonic Universe #2 post with preview at Archie Blogs (SU).