|Sonic Universe #45|
Stephen Downer and various
Jim Amash and various
“Race for the Stars”: It's a special tie-in event as Sonic Universe showcases Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed! Racers from across the SEGA games have come together for the second annual All-Stars Grand Prix! But the nefarious Dr. Eggman has joined the roster and plans on not only conquering the race, but multiple worlds as well!! It's the first game crossover event in Sonic Universe history - and its ONLY available in this special stand-alone issue!
Race for the Stars
A question is asked "If it's a race, why is Sonic in a car?" A hypothetical race is shown with Sonic on foot, completing the race within a millisecond, answering the question with "Because…then it's fair!" as Sonic holds a sign saying "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!"
- This issue was revealed after Archie Sonic Universe Issue 46 was revealed.
- The story's title is a reference to the title song "Reach for the Stars" in Sonic Colors.
- It is the first game crossover event in the Sonic Universe comic book series.
- This is the first stand-alone issue in the Sonic Universe comic book series.
- This is also the only Sonic Universe issue that will feature non-Sonic characters, such as Aiai and Beat.
- The racetrack on the front cover is Dragon Canyon.
- The "sweet track" Sonic mentions at the end is Starlight Carnival, as seen on the next page.