Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Archie Sonic Universe Issue 53 is the fifty-third issue of the spin-off Sonic Universe comic series published by Archie Comics. It is the eighth part of the Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide crossover event.
- "When Worlds Collide": Part Eight of Twelve - The hunt for the Roboticized Masters comes to its explosive end! As the gripping second act of the Sonic/Mega Man crossover event comes to a close, Proto Man and the Chaotix make a crucial discovery in the battle to restore BOTH worlds! The tension is fraying the bromance of Drs. Eggman and Wily! Bass and Metal Sonic prepare to lead an army-but an army of what? Featuring new cover art from Sonic/Mega Man art legend Patrick Spaziante, and a special "E.F.F. (aka Evil Friends Forever) Variant" featuring Dr.'s Eggman and Wily gaming on their EGGSbox!
When Worlds Collide Part Eight: Liberation
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Tracy Yardley
- Inks: Terry Austin
- Colors: Thomas Mason and Dustin Evans
- Letters: F.R. Fiegel
- Assistant Editor: Vincent Lovallo
- Editor/Executive Director of Editorial: Paul Kaminski
- Editor-in-chief: Victor Gorelick
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Special Thanks to: Anthony Gaccione and Cindy Chau and to the Character Business and Licensing Department of SEGA Corporation
- Special Thanks to: Brian Oliveira at Capcom Media and Consumer Products and to 栄実
This issue begins with Eggman and Wily trying to keep each other calm despite having only two Roboticized Masters left, those being Knuckles Man and Rose Woman. This is also where we begin to see the two doctors start to turn on each other as each of them are secretly plotting to abandon the other if all else fails. As they walk away, we see Orbot and Cubot constructing a the Egg-Wily Machine X.
Meanwhile, our main heroes continue traversing through the Skull Egg Zone walking down the Sonic 2 Special Stage halfpipe surrounded by Chemical Plant Zone 's Mega Muck before jumping off into a sandy desert area. Knuckles Man and Rose Woman teleport in and another fight begins. Both bots announce that they are about to self destruct giving the Blue Duo only a few minutes to deroboticize them. After they're deroboticized, Sonic teases Knuckles for getting tricked again andAmy glomps Sonic as usual.
Mega Man receives a communication from Proto Man finding out that they found the Wily Egg in a loading dock surrounded by mountains shaped like the doctors. The Chaotix are shown trying to guess the password for the computer system. Sonic sends Tails and Knuckles over to help them and Mega Man and Rush to get Silver and Blaze. Sonic and Amy head off to find Shadow.
Back in the Wily Egg, Rouge has been found releasing the Chaos Devil. The monster doesn't know friend from foe and Metal Sonic and Bass are no match for it. It takes Eggman commanding it like a dog to make it stop. Eggman sends Rouge to be roboticized as an army of Robot Masters stand by waiting for orders. The issue ends with Duo finally showing up at Light Labs.
- Dr. Wily (in his mind): I've seen enough of my plans fall apart to know where this is going! If the Egg-Wily Machine X fails, I'm taking the Wily Egg back to my world. I'm sorry, Eggy, but you'll just have to stay trapped in this zone with your furry problem and Mega Man.
- Dr. Eggman (in his mind): It's been fun, Albert, but I'm probably going to have to cut you loose. If everything else fails, I can at least return to Sonic's world with this glorious flying fortress. I'll carve your face into a continent in rememberance.
- Sonic: I'd rather get a face full of that mega muck than go any slower.
- Mega Man: "Mega...muck"?
- Sonic: Surprise, Knuckle-Head! Time to lose to me again!
- Sonic: (Exhausted) Finally! So...which is it, Knuckle-Head? Did Eggman trick you into getting roboticized? Or did you get kidnapped? 'Cause they're both really embarrassing.
- Amy: OH, SONIC!! Are you alright?! Did I hurt you?! I'll never forgive Eggman for turning me against you like that!
- Sonic: Amy! Off! NOW!!
- Mega Man: Is this what they're always like?
- Tails: Yeah, pretty much.
- Knuckles: Eggman and Wily, huh? Where are they? I want the first crack at them!
- Sonic: Uh-huh. 'Cause you're tougher than the rest of 'em? Best of 'em? Tougher than leather?
- Sonic: I'm taking Amy to track down Shadow. She's got a knack for finding hedgehogs--when she thinks they're me.
- Amy: Aren't you ever going to let that go? I couldn't tell that wasn't you!
- Sonic: The black with red stripes didn't give it away?
- Amy: The sun was in my eyes!
- Duo: I have been alerted to trouble on Earth! And I sense evil is present. Where shall justice be served?
- The EGGSbox on the variant cover is a clear parody of the Xbox.
- Many of the toys in the background on the variant cover are creations built by Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily, such as the Wily Castle from Mega Man 3, Bass, a Motobug, a Buzzbomber, the Egg Emperor, and the Death Egg Robot.
- The "Chaos Devil" is a combination of Chaos and the Yellow Devil from Mega Man, cleared by Perfect Chaos's voice from when you defeat him in Sonic Generations in the trailer.
- Cream and Big make a brief cameo when Eggman is thinking of bringing the Wily Egg back to Mobius.
- While tracking down Rouge within the base, Bass mentions that she is in Lab S-A2. This could be a reference to Sonic Adventure 2, the game that Rouge debuted in.
- When the heroes split up, Sonic says that he will go with Amy because she can find hedgehogs when she thinks they are him. And in the journey to find Shadow, they talk about how Amy confuse Sonic with him. These are references to Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), because in both, Amy confuses Shadow and Silver with Sonic.
- Sonic makes fun of Knuckles, by stating lyrics from Knuckles' theme in Sonic Adventure, Unknown from M.E.
- On the cover Sonic and Mega Man fight the Chaos Devil. However in the actual comic Rouge unleashes the monster and Bass and Metal Sonic end up trying to handle it. Sonic and Mega Man don't even encounter it in this issue, but they eventually do in Worlds Collide #10.