|Sonic X #25|
- "The Color Sonic": It's time to fight fire with fire... or more precisely, fight hedgehogs with hedgehogs! And what could be worse than one evil double? How about five?! It's hedgehogs galore in this milestone 25th issue of SONIC X! And just wait until you see what the bad guys have saved for last!
"The Color Sonic"
- Not to be confused with the video game Sonic Colors.
In an attempt to show Sonic as the villain they believe him to be, S.O.N.I.C.X. sends five multi-colored hedgehogs (red, green, purple, orange and yellow) to attack Station Square. Replying to Cream's question of whether they were related to him, Sonic says that he has never seen hedgehogs like that before besides looking in the mirror.
At the S.O.N.I.C.X. headquarters, Dr. Kai Narasu was responsible for producing the clones. Although they are not perfect copies, the clones are capable of destroying Sonic and the doctor gets ready to make the perfect one. While Sonic proves to be more powerful than the clones, they have no respect for the city and destroy anything in their way. Tails, Knuckles and Amy arrive to help fight the clones, but they prove to be dangerous to the city. Sonic gets them to follow him and leads them to Doctor Eggman's base, where he easily avoids the lasers and missiles, but the clones are destroyed. Sonic grabs one of the shoes left behind, only to find it has S.O.N.I.C.X. written underneath.
Sonic runs to the headquarters on Prison Island, where Dr. Narasu has finished the perfect clone, which resembles Sonic from the classic games. Sonic uses the clone to destroy the lab and prevent the doctor from creating more clones. The rest of the organization blast the clone, thinking it is the real thing. Sonic runs away, laughing, and proves on live TV that they were fakes. Decoe, Bocoe, Bokkun and Doctor Eggman, unaware of the clones, prepare for Eggman's next plan, becoming El Gran Gordo...
- The perfect Sonic clone resembles Sonic's design from the Classic era not to mention that the shoes are the same as the modern one.
- The cover of this issue uses the same background as the cover of the first issue.
- Archie Sonic X Issue 25 at Mobius Encyclopedia, the Archie Sonic wiki