|This page either started life as a Mobius Encyclopaedia article or contains content from it. You can help by rewriting sections of this article to make the page unique to the Sonic News Network. When rewriting articles, remember to adhere to our Manual of Style.|
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 0 is the very first Sonic the Hedgehog comic book made by Archie Comics, and the first of the 4-part Sonic the Hedgehog miniseries. The comic book series began right after the miniseries ended, with the series still running on for years. The miniseries and the main series had great similarities with the Sonic Satam television series, in both plot and characters.
Don't Cry for Me, Mobius!
The issue begins with Sonic the Hedgehog running away from Dr. Ivo Robotnik, who is chasing Sonic and trying to blast him with "mega-muck". Sonic is abruptly stopped by Caterkiller, but dodges Robotnik's attack again, causing Caterkiller to be hit by the mega-muck. Sonic then speeds away into the Great Forest, splashing the muck all over Robotnik as well.
Going down the Great Oak Slide, Sonic meets up with Princess Sally, Boomer and Tails. Tails, admiring Sonic, asks him if he defeated any more robots. Sonic begins to brag, but is interrupted by Sally, who argues he may have left a trail for Robotnik to track him and locate their secret hideout. Sonic assures her his super speed prevented this. Antoine shows up and explains there is a leak in Knothole, which might allow Robotnik to locate them.
Dr. Robotnik is sitting in his office with Buzzbomber and Crabmeat, when his monitor reveals a group of non-robots outside the Great Forest. Sonic and the others discover the leak to be caused by a group of trees "crying", as Robotnik had bulldozed many trees in the past in an attempt to locate the Great Forest. Robotnik then showed up on the scene with Buzzbomber and began attacking.
Sonic quickly runs to a well and grabs a Power Ring, giving him extra strength, allowing him to destroy Robotnik's ship. Sonic attempts to grab him, but Robotnik escapes while holding onto the back of Buzzbomber and flies away. Following this, the Knothole Freedom Fighters begin to plant new trees to replaced those Robotnik had destroyed.
Oh No..Robo! No Mo' Mobo!
The story begins with Sonic running up to his Uncle Chuck and pet dog Muttski in front of his uncle's chili dog stand. Stopping right in front of Chuck and Muttski, Chuck asks how Sonic's shoes have been holding up. Sonic explains they aren't worn out, which relieves Chuck, who states he'd been spending all of his profits on Sonic's shoes. Chuck then receives an order for two hundred chili dogs, making both he and Sonic ecstatic.
Chuck loads up the chili dogs in a wheelbarrow and Sonic goes to deliver them. After he leaves, Chuck and Muttski are apprehended by a SWATbot, and Robotnik reveals himself. When Sonic arrives in Robotropolis to deliver the chili dogs, Cluck answers the door. When Cluck leaves to supposedly get the money to pay for the chili dogs, he springs a trap, dropping a giant checker-colored ball. Sonic manages to avoid it in the nick of time. Realizing it to have been a trap, Sonic rushes back to warn his uncle.
Sonic arrives back to find his uncle's chili dog stand being destroyed by SWATbots. He angrily asks what they did with his dog and uncle, and the SWATbots then prepare to attack Sonic. After destroying the SWATbots, he runs to Robotropolis to rescue his uncle, but once he arrives, Sally grabs him and stops him, informing him a large number of Buzzbombers are patrolling the area. She then takes him to where Uncle Chuck, Muttski and others are being held captive. After Sally explains they have all been turned into robots to work in Robotnik's factories, Sonic charges in and tries to talk to Chuck, but his efforts are futile. When an army of SWATbots begins to attack, Sonic picks up Sally and runs off into the Great Forest with her so they could live to fight another day.
- This issue, along with the rest of the Sonic Mini-Series, was reprinted in Sonic: The Beginning.
- Some stories from this issue were reprinted in Sonic Super Special #3 (Sonic Firsts) and in the trade-paperback version of Sonic Firsts.
- Sally's color in this issue is brown with blond hair, instead of her usual pink or brown look. This was probably due to the comic being a very early time of Sally's character. Her color was changed to pink in the very next issue, though.
- This was later covered up in Archie Knuckles the Echidna Issue 29 by Sally saying that before this issue she fell into a chemical vat on a mission and the toxins are what miscloured her fur, and that the pink fur with black hair in later issues was due to her trying to remove the toxins from her fur. This is accompanied by an editor note saying "And you thought we coloured Sally wrong all those years ago."
- The cover and the first page of this comic are similar.
- In this and for many more comics, the quills on the back of Sonic's head have been flat instead of actually part of his head.
- Tails looks a lot younger in this issue than the following issues.