Sonic the Hedgehog Free Comic Book Day
Archie Sonic Free Comic Book Day 2009 is the third Free Comic Book Day comic in the Sonic the Hedgehog comics.
- Sonic the Hedgehog speeds into action with a special Free Comic Book Day edition! In “Evolution of A Hero,” you’ll get a look back at the long-running hit comic series that has been thrilling fans for over 15 years! What’s the connection between Sonic and the Freedom Fighters? Who are Shadow the Hedgehog and Knuckles the Echidna? What’s the deal with that Robotnik guy, and what’s going on in the series now? You might even get a special sneak-peek into the world of Sonic after the epic issue #200. Whether you’re a new reader getting up to speed or a veteran enjoying a trip down memory lane, this is one issue you just can’t miss! Fan-favorites Ian Flynn and Tracy Yardley! bring the fast-paced excitement to life.
Sonic of the Ages
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils/Art Selections by: Patrick Spaziante, Tracey Yardley, Steven Butler, Art Mawhinney, Manny Galan, Dave Manak, Scott Shaw, Sam Maxwell, Al Bigley, Jon Gray, James Fry & more
- Design: Paul Kaminski
- Editor/Managing editor: Mike Pellerito
- Editor-in-chief: Victor Gorelick
- Special thanks to: Cindy Chau and Jerry Chu at SEGA Licensing
In this special Free Comic Book day edition, we take a look back at the history of the Sonic comic series. We learn the full story about Sonic and his friends and foes, plus Knuckles and Shadow. Also included is a cover gallery of every issue and spinoff title, and even a small sneak peak at what's in store after #200. Whether you're new to the world of Sonic, or just a long time fan willing to take a trip down memory lane, this is one book you cannot miss.
- This is the only Free Comic Book Day issue so far not to include a comic story of any kind, but rather a series of data files.
- This issue reveals Regina F. to be the Iron Queen.
- The 8 Sonics on the cover are: Modern Sonic, Modern Super Sonic, Hi-Speed Shoes Sonic from Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic from Sonic Battle, Extreme Gear Sonic from Sonic Riders, Classic Sonic, Mecha Sonic from Archie Sonic & Knuckles: Mecha Madness Special, and the young Sonic from the Sonic Kids Super Specials.
- This is the first Free Comic Book Day comic not to have a cover designed by Patrick Spaziante.
- This cover mirrors the cover for Sonic the Hedgehog #0 and #¼ where Robotnik chases Sonic in his Egg-O-Matic over a bridge with both characters in the same pose (with Eggman using his opposite fist and Sonic's legs blurred as he runs on this issue's cover).
- This is the last Free Comic Book Day issue published in the first decade of the 2000's.
- The issue previews Sonic and Eggman's fight in Sonic the Hedgehog #200.
- The last page of Sonic the Hedgehog #200 is shown, though the coloring is different.