|Original Sonic Miniseries|
Sonic the Hedgehog #¼ was the very first issue of the Sonic the Hedgehog comics to be published by Archie Comics. It was a six-page, free promotional comic, including the first part of the story "Don't Cry for Me Mobius!", which was featured in full in Sonic the Hedgehog (miniseries) #0.
"Don't Cry for Me Mobius! Part I"Edit
The issue begins with Sonic the Hedgehog running away from Dr. Ivo Robotnik, who is chasing Sonic and trying to blast him with "mega-muck". Sonic is abruptly stopped by Caterkiller, but dodges Robotnik's attack again, causing Caterkiller to be hit by the mega-muck. Sonic then speeds away into the Great Forest, splashing the muck all over Robotnik as well.
Going down the Great Oak Slide, Sonic meets up with Princess Sally, Boomer and Tails. Tails, admiring Sonic, asks him if he defeated any more robots. Sonic begins to brag, but is interrupted by Sally, who argues he may have left a trail for Robotnik to track him and locate their secret hideout. Sonic assures her his super speed prevented this. Antoine shows up and explains there is a leak in Knothole, which might allow Robotnik to locate them.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (First appearance)
- Miles "Tails" Prower (First appearance)
- Rotor Walrus (First appearance)
- Sally Acorn (First appearance)
- Antoine D'Coolette (First appearance)
- Doctor Ivo Robotnik (First appearance)
- Buzzbomber (First appearance) (On introductions page only)
- Cluck (First appearance) (On introductions page only)
- Crabmeat (First appearance) (On introductions page only)
- Caterkiller (First appearance)
- This story is Part I of the story included in Sonic the Hedgehog (miniseries) #0.
- On the back of this issue contains the publication date of issue 0, November 24, 1992.
- The entirety of the issue is printed on the same newspaper grade paper that all of the Sonic comic stories are printed on until the change to magazine quality paper starting with issue #212.
- This issue also predates the Sonic the Hedgehog TV series, making this the true first appearances of Antoine, Rotor, and Sally. Although, the Archie comics are based on the TV series.