|Sonic the Hedgehog #11|
The Good, the Bad, and the Hedgehog
- Meet The Anti-Sonic! The Freedom Fighters witness Robotnik dumping toxic waste into a river. Sonic tries taking a "short cut" via the Cosmic Interstate to get there, but winds up on an alternate Mobius where Robotnik is a benevolent doctor and Sonic is a leather-clad punk!
The Good, the Bad, and the Hedgehog
The Knothole Freedom Fighters discover Dr. Robotnik spreading some of his Mega Muck across the land. Needing Sonic's help, Sally contacts him via special wrist watch. This happens just when Sonic had finished fighting Scratch and Grounder. Getting the heads up from Sally, Sonic begins his run to the scene and takes the Cosmic Interstate as a shortcut. However, in his rush, he misses the turn off and ends up being deposited on Anti-Mobius. In his search for the way back, Sonic runs afoul of Anti-Robotnik, but manages to escape, but then he ends up running into Evil Sonic and the two start to fight.
As the two Sonics ask each other for an explanation, Sonic learns from Evil Sonic of what this Mobius is. Realizing he's outmatched, Sonic makes a break for it, only to be trapped by the kindly Dr. Robotnik. Sonic is able to convince Robotnik that he's a good Sonic and agrees to help him capture Evil Sonic. He's able to lure Evil Sonic into racing him and is able to trap his evil counterpart in a cage. With Evil Sonic captured, Sonic returns to the Cosmic Interstate and returns to Mobius Prime along with a device to aid the Freedom Fighters, and causes an explosion in Robotropolis.
Beat The Clock
The Freedom Fighters, minus Sonic, are tied up and surrounded by timed explosives by Coconuts and a Swatbot. Coconuts is confident his trap will destroy Sonic to Sally's annoyance. This plan, however, is not planned by Robotnik, but purely by Coconuts to bring him up the list of Robotnik's top 10 people, since he's at the very bottom. He mentions how the top 3 made it to the list: Scratch kepit his own with Sonic for 16 seconds, Grounder for 17 seconds, and Bat Brain at 37 seconds. Although Sally is confident Sonic will save them in time, Coconuts thinks otherwise, because he has set up a maze for Sonic that will slow him down. While Sonic navigates the maze, Sally wonders what is taking Sonic so long. With time not on their side, Rotor asks Sally where they place on her top 10 list. She tells them that Sonic takes all spots in her list. Suddenly, from the window of the room, Sonic hops in with a spindash (at 3 seconds to spare) and frees the Freedom Fighters with Coconuts watching in shock (2 seconds). Coconuts panics as his plan goes to ruins, then looks over at the remaining pile of explosives, which detonate. Meanwhile, Sonic and the rest of the team run off back home.
Food for Thought or You Are What You Eat
After wolfing down too many chili dogs as a birthday midnight snack, Sonic the Hedgehog gets a stomach ache and falls asleep and catches a food related nightmare in which almost everything has been became fast food on Mobius. He himself is Sonic the Chili Dog, who returned to his ground beef Knothole to see Princess Sally A-Cone, who gives the dairy news that Cheeseburger Robotnik has captured a Tails the French Fry trying to get his goose cooked. Sonic decides to ketchup with his flame broiled sidekick, but he had made a mis-steak and put his meat on the broiler. Sonic's nightmare was over when his chili dog form got his goose cooked and was the next one on the lunch menu. At that morning, Sally Acorn and Miles "Tails" Prower surprised him sinc it was his birthday and gave him a present he refused — chili dogs. Sonic then changed his mind about it and took them anyway saying what the old folks say, "A chili dog is a dog-gone thing to waste."
An In-Story Maze
An interactable labyrinth in the story "Beat the Clock" for the readers to solve.
- This issue marks the first appearance of the Anti Freedom Fighters. However, only Anti Sonic gets any lines of dialogue, the others are only seen in one panel. The entire group would return in Sonic the Hedgehog #24
- Dr. Kintobor in his first appearance looked exactly like his Mobius Prime Double and shared his name, until the Character was retconned in Sonic Sabrina Crossover SSS.
- This is the debut story for writer Ken Penders.
- This is the first issue to feature the Sonic-grams section in the middle of the comic, rather than the end.
- A Green Hill/Emerald Hill loop (complete with monitor) appears in The Good, The Bad and the Hedgehog.
- The yellow submarine in the Cosmic Interstate references the song Yellow Submarine by The Beatles.
- Sonic would later find out that it was Zonic the zone cop from the No-Zone who willed Sonic to travel to Moebius and take down Scourge in the Sally Moon Sonic Super Special.
- The sign to Burge-tropolis in the comic's labyrinth section may make references to the slogan for Burger King, and McDonalds' 'customers served' signs.
- The credits for Beat the Clock are missing. This is rectified in Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 13's Sonic Grams, where credit is given.
- Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 11 at Mobius Encyclopedia, the Archie Sonic wiki