Tossed in Space, Part 6: Space Gamble
- Move over, Nascar pros - Sonic is putting the pedal to the metal by entering a racing competition! Not the best thing to do with a damaged ship, but he can always use the prize money to fix it. Winning won't be that easy of course-he's only up against fastest beings of the universe! Will Sonic be able to cross the finish line first?
Tossed in Space, Part 7: Welcome To The Wheelworld
- The new world Sonic finds himself in offers the best opportunity for to get back home to his family and friends. Too bad he's landed there right in the middle of the trial of the Bem scientist last seen in #118. Why is this trial so important and what does it have to do with Mobius? This must must-read tale features several surprises, including of Tails' parents!
Tossed in Space - Part Six: Space Gamble
In a bubble city on a mostly uninhabited planet, aliens from across the galaxy prepare to watch the "Galactic Space Race". Just outside the city, Sonic the Hedgehog has signed up for the competition. As the race begins, Sonic thinks to himself that he will need to win this race to afford the repairs his spaceship needs and how he gambled the ship itself as his entrance fee. Sonic flies across the sand with his fellow racers: Scarabb, Greebo, Nordon, Kir-Ta and Brre-Die. Scarabb pushes Greebo into a wall while Sonic runs into third place, but gets stuck behind Kir-Ta. He uses his "softball special" to leap over her and makes it to Scarabb.
Scarabb tries to knock Sonic away with his claws, but Sonic easily dodges. As they approach the finish line, Scarabb gets a sudden boost in speed and takes first place. Sonic tries to take his loss gracefully, politely telling Scarabb where he can find the ship, when the announcer appears, revealing that Scarabb used a small rocket booster to cheat his way to victory. With Scarabb disqualified, Sonic becomes the winner by default.
Tossed in Space - Part Seven: Welcome to Wheelworld
Sonic arrives at Argentium, confident that he will find a way home there. A Bem contacts Sonic in his ship, asking why he has decided to visit the planet. The Bem lets slip that only visitors who wish to watch the trial of Ceneca-9009 are allowed on the planet, and Sonic decides to pretend that is why he came. He thinks to himself that Uncle Chuck would love to study the planet before asking around for directions.
Sonic attends the trail, where Ceneca-10050 accuses Ceneca-9009 of criminal disobedience. When 9009 please not guilty, 10050 explains that 9009 had previously asked the Bem High Council for permission to develop technology that would change a world of robotic people into organic creatures. When this Roboticization/Deroboticization device was used, however, it destroyed the entire race. It turned out their people had naturally developed metal shells to defend them from their hazardous environment, and deroboticization was outlawed by the Bem from that day forth.
Long after these events, 9009's ship found Mobius while doing geological surveys and spied Dr. Robotnik develop his own version of the Roboticizer. Sonic, watching the spy footage plays back, sees Amadeus Prower being roboticized by Robotnik. Sonic is distraught, realizing Tails' father had been roboticized all along, while the trial proceeds. 10050 continues, explaining that the SWATbots rounded up the Mobians, and Rosemary Prower was personally escorted to Dr. Robotnik, reunited with her robotic husband Amadeus. At that moment, 9009 transported Amadeus and Rosemary to their ship and deroboticized Amadeus. Taking Amadeus and Rosemary with her to Argentium as witnesses, Ceneca-9009 pleaded for the High Council to aid the people of Mobius. Her request was denied and she was imprisoned for her trouble.
Outraged, Sonic jumps up and loudly objects to 9009's treatment by her people. 9009 is stunned to see Sonic, and Amadeus and Rosemary call to Sonic from elsewhere in the crowd, recognizing him as Jules and Bernadette Hedgehog's son. Sonic rushes over the Prowers and asks them why they never returned home. One of the Bem conducting the trial reveals that all travel to Mobius has been forbidden since 9009's incarceration. They say that the Prower family has lived on Argentium ever since, but Sonic furiously retorts that they've been held prisoner. The Bem request Sonic remain silent or be banished from the proceedings, and continue with Ceneca-9009's trial. Begging for one more chance, the council humored 9009 by allowing her to test the Mobians: she was tasked to prove that organic Mobians were superior to those who were roboticized. Taking four test subjects (Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails, Dr. Eggman, and Snively), 9009 carried out her orders to swapp their current states of being and forced them to do battle. Sonic pointed out that he can still beat Egggman in his organic form and 9009 agrees. When Mecha Sonic and Mecha Tails proved victorious, the council ordered 9009 roboticize all Mobians. Instead, she did the opposite. Sonic pleads for the Bem to listen to his testimony, that Mobians aren't meant to be robots, but they ignore him and sentence 9009 to be executed.
After spending some time telling Amadeus and Rosemary about the situation on Mobius and how their son became a Freedom Fighter, Sonic plans to bust out Ceneca-9009 when he stumbles upon a group of aliens disassembling his spaceship. The alien explains that traveling between Argentium and Mobius has been off limits since the Xorda declared war on the planet, and the ship has to be impounded as a security measure. With Sonic and the Prowers stranded, Ceneca-10050 approaches the group. Explaining that she feels 9009's actions on Mobius repented for her previous mistakes, she tells Sonic that they can escape through their artificial wormhole to anywhere in the known universe. Sonic busts Ceneca-9009 out of prison, but the ship Ceneca-10050 managed to provide can only hold one person. Sonic travels in the vessel, pretending to be Ceneca-9009, and escapes through the wormhole.
Ceneca-9009 plans to live in secret on Argentium, knowing that the authorities will expect her to be hiding in Mobius for the rest of her days. Rosemary worries about seeing her son again, but Amadeus calms her and explains that as long as Sonic gives Tails their package (STH: 134), Tails will know that they love him.
- Sonic finds Tails' parents on Argentium.
- The Bem council reveals how the Robians on Mobius were deroboticized.
- Sonic goes through a wormhole that takes him back to Mobius.
- Sonic: "Yeah, baby! Now I can repair my ship! Besides. This proves I'm the fastest anything in the universe. I won't let it get to my head -- MUCH!"
- Sonic: "Come with me if you don't want to be killed."
- This is the last issue Karl Bollers wrote under name Benny Lee.
- Argentium is revealed in Sonic the Hedgehog #169 to have the grey Chaos Emerald.
- The first story seems is based on the iconic pod-race scene from the movie Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.
- The moon is shown to be damaged at the end of this issue, recalling the events of Sonic Adventure 2.
- Sonic's line when rescuing Ceneca-9009 is a spoof on the famous line "Come with me if you want to live" from the Terminator franchise.
- The term "Roboticizer" is misspelled "Robotizer" throughout the issue.