Mobius: 25 Years Later - Moment of Truth
- The popular series-within-a-series... and the very future itself... takes center stage as our heroes valiantly try to repair the ripped rift in time! Using a long departed evil doctor's greatest unused device, can even the combined might and intellect of King Sonic, Guardian Knuckles, and the scientific geniuses Rotor and Cobar, be enough to fix time .. in time?! And what part does a mysterious stowaway have to play in this saga? No fan of the Sonic mythos should miss this one!
Love and Loss
- Sonic and Sally, Antoine and Bunnie Rabbot romantic upheavals have worried fans more than wondering when the next Dr. Robotnik or Dark Legion attack is coming. Now with their future uncertain, where does that leave our heartbroken Freedom Fighters? These questions of love, loss and yes, laughter will finally be addressed in this poignant, charming tale.
Mobius: 25 Years Later - The Die is Cast
Knuckles the Echidna prepares to join King Sonic on a mission to ensure the survival of Mobius and all of its inhabitants. Knuckles preparing to leave announces to Lara-Su that she will be the next guardian. Julie-Su says goodbye to Knuckles, but Lara-Su wants to go with him, which Knuckles doesn't allow. Sally Acorn asks Knuckles to make sure that Sonic comes back safe, and Knuckles promises. In a spaceship, Sonic, Knuckles, Cobar and Rotor Walrus (with Lara-Su secretly on board) travel to the badlands in a secret shelter built for Doctor Eggman himself. Sonic plans to use a machine that Rotor and Cobar have been working on to send Sonic back in time, but Sonic might not be able to return. The machine malfunctions and Sonic disappears along with Lara-Su (who is still in the spaceship).
In the present time, Sonic and Tails, the Chaotix, and Knuckles the Echidna are thinking about the future, Knuckles saying that the future is too far to think about. "Though our destinies are etched with stone, various are the means used in the carving" - Paracleas, ancient echidna philosopher.
Love and Loss
In Knothole, many girls have brought the Knothole News on Wednesday's because of the Love and Loss written by someone named "Aly" for dating advice for girls. Sasha heads home to Rosie and both read of the stories involving Bunnie Rabbot, Mina Mongoose, Amy Rose and Sally Acorn. Bunnie writes about her relationship with Antoine D'Coolette, and how them breaking up has caused her to become desperate for companionship. Mina writes about her love between Sonic and Ash Mongoose, her current boyfriend. After receiving a reply, she calls Ash to organize a date and tosses her picture of Sonic away. Amy writes about her crush on Sonic and rejects Aly's advice to find someone else. Bunnie, Amy, Mina, Rosie and Sasha read a new article written by Sally about how Sonic left her.
As it turns out, "Aly" is really Nicole, who had been replying to the letters from the Knothole girls, and gave Sally the advice to be strong and never give up finding the perfect man.
- In the story, "Love and Loss", there is a part in the Knothole News that is similar to a section in various newspapers called "Dear Aby". In this case, it is called "Dear Aly".
- According to penciller Jon Gray's website page on Sonic the Hedgehog #144, the final letter readable from the Dear Aly newspaper section Sally maintained-which she had not written a response to yet-was from Rosie and concerned her and Uncle Chuck. It is unknown, however, if this is considered canon by the comic's writers. However, former writer Ken Penders' post-#159 plans would have had Uncle Chuck and Rosie going on a date in Knothole, with Sonic acting as a guardian angel to protect them from Robotnik's stealth-bots.
- This is the final issue to have a cover made by penciller Steven Butler.
- The French writing on Bunnie's picture frame translates to "I will always love you forever my beautiful flower."
- When the newspaper salesmen is talking to Sasha, there is a sign in the background advertising "Sonic Comics Monthly".
- A magazine poster in Amy's room says "Sonic Underground inter-dimensional tour", referencing the show Sonic Underground, and also the comic Sonic Super Special #10.
- When Mina is getting ready for her date, she is wearing the same Japanese style clothes she wore to impress Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog #120.