- "House of Cards Part 2 of 2": It was civil war before - now it's personal! The long-lasting friendship between Sonic and Tails has reached its breaking point! Can Sonic do what's needed to end the hostilities? Meanwhile, Tails' parents make their move, but how far will they go? On the flip side, how far will young King Elias go to protect his kingdom? The world of Sonic and his friends will never be the same!
House Of Cards Part Two: Royal FlushEdit
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Penciler: Tracy Yardley
- Inker: Jim Amash
- Letterer: John Workman
- Colorist: Jason Jensen
- Editor: Mike Pellerito
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-Chief: Richard Goldwater
- Special Thanks To: Robert Leffler, Dyna Lopez and Cindy Chau at Sega Licensing
The story opens with Tails and Sonic still brawling. Sonic advises Tails to stop but he refuses. Sonic tries to apologize, but Tails doesn't buy it and he whips Sonic into a cell door. Sonic claims that he isn't well with Tails attacking him, having Tails remark that he deserves it because Sonic never listens or cares.
While Tails is successful in his attempt to stall Sonic, Rosemary Prower and Amadeus Prower rush to Castle Acorn. While Rosemary is concerned about Tails, Amadeus convinces her that he will be just fine. Amadeus easily inputs the entry code to the castle, seeing this as an invitation. With Elias Acorn anticipating an attack from Amadeus, he sends his wife Megan Acorn and his baby Alexis Acorn to the nursery for safety. Nicole, being present in the room as well, is informed by Elias to not tell his father about the event and keep Megan and Alexis safe. Amadeus comes in through the door, sword in hand and ready for combat. Before this, Elias claims that Nicole informed him of his escape from prison, where Amadeus stated his reason for the earlier riot. To oppose that, Elias strongly states that his father has put his life on the line to protect the kingdom, and he will not belittle everything he has done. Rosemary accuses Elias of ignoring the people, but Elias claims it is senseless to submit to anarchy to please the irritated. With that said, Elias unveils his hidden weapons and he and Amadeus begin battling.
Meanwhile, Sonic spin dashes into Tails. Irritated by the negative feedback from the prisoners, Sonic runs outside with Tails angrily pursuing him. Tails exclaims that Sonic always left him behind, but Sonic replies he was only dong it to protect him because he was so young. Tails still thought it to be sardonic, claiming that Sonic always teased him and never believed Tails' own adventures. Sonic claims he does it just for fun, but Tails kicks Sonic from behind saying he would've left his father in prison forever. He then goes on to say that he was only trying to assist the city and Sonic wasn't given the time to act. With Sonic very peeved at Tails backtalk, Tails shouts that if going out with Fiona Fox helped him any. Sonic was aware that Tails loved her and hooked up with her anyway, and it hurt Tails deeply. Sonic, understanding his faults, allows Tails to attack him, but Tails holds back.
While Elias and Amadeus are still fighting, Nicole raises a wall between the two. Sally Acorn is seen standing there, obviously mad at them. Sally asks Elias why he is holding on to his kingly beliefs if he never wanted to rule in the first place. Sally then tells Amadeus that starting a fight will not help the people. With the fight calmed, Sally asks if they are ready to talk in a peaceful manner.
Back with Sonic and Tails, Tails accuses Sonic of trying to trick him, but Sonic claims that he knew that Tails liked Fiona and that she had no interest in him so Sonic went out with Fiona to keep Tails from being hurt. At the same time, he recognizes that it was selfish of him anyway as he is still a bit hurt from his breakup with Sally, and he did not think before he took action. With that, Sonic finally swallows his pride and apologizes to Tails. After, they get back into friendly banter and Sonic claims how strong Tails has gotten. They got back into are friendly barrier and Sonic finished Tails off with a noggie. They then shook hands and headed to the castle, concerned about what might have taken place. When they bust in, Amadeus and Elias are sitting down having tea. They all agreed that they will have a council of six citizens while the king is the seventh member.
Soon after, Alicia, Elias, and King Maximillian Acorn are all standing and watching the election. Maximillian rolls away on his wheelchair, disgruntled by the changes. Elias is cheered up by Alicia who says that he has the power and to give Maximillian time. Meanwhile Sonic, Tails, Sally are also watching the election sitting near a tree. Soon after, Dimitri the Echidna comes, bearing news that Enerjak has returned.
- Bean: (after Sonic gets punched into the front of his cell) That was awesome! How do your glutes feel?
- Sonic: Shut. Up. Bean.
- Sonic: You're making it REAL hard for me to hold back, bud. I can understand wanting to help your family. But I'm NOT cool with you attacking me!
- Tails: Tough! You've had this coming for a long time!
- Bean: (As Sonic and Tails fight in the detention center) Fifty Mobiums says Propeller Butt beats Speedy Cheese!
- Mammoth Mogul: Double on Sonic! He always wins.
- Sonic: You guys won't give it a rest, will ya?
- Tails: (to Sonic) I thought you were my friend! I thought you were my brother! But everything I care about, you take away from me!
- Amadeus Prower and King Elias duel for the fate of the government but are forced to reach a compromise when Sally intervenes.
- Sonic and Tails reconcile following their battle.
- The Council of Acorn is created, transforming the Kingdom of Acorn into the Republic of Acorn.
- This comic was available for sale on the same month as Sonic the Hedgehog #178.
- This issue features Data Files for some of the buildings in New Mobotropolis.
- Ixis Naugus makes a cameo in a jail cell.