Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “Mister Popular”: Sonic’s immortal enemy Mammoth Mogul is back and their battle has taken on a whole new twist. Can Sonic find out who or what Mogul is going after? With hordes of villains from today as well as from Sonic’s past emerging to attack the blue blur, does Sonic have a chance of defeating the massive power of Mammoth Mogul?
Rouge the Bat and Geoffrey St. John are at Casino Night Zone, with Rouge trying to loosen St. John up, saying that they're the best couple there. Geoffrey's reply is "Don't tell my wife that." Scratch comes over and says "What happens at the Casino, stays at the casino." Rouge asks who Scratch is, and he replies that he just the converge, working for Mammoth Mogul. Mogul appears behind the twosome and welcomes them to the Casino. After a bit of chit-chat on the new casino and the relocation of the Bottom of the Barrel Bar 'n' Grill, Mogul takes his leave, stating that he has business to attend to. That business is within the Grill, meeting with the Sleuth "Doggy" Dawg for the Destructix, Nack the Weasel, Bean the Dynamite, and Bark the Polar Bear. Coconuts, who is Mogul's personal butler, talks to the Grill's chef, none other than Grounder. They discuss their positions, with Coconuts reflecting on his survival from The Island of Misfit Badniks and that his plan for world domination was crushed by being hired by Mogul (StH:185). Grounder, however, compliments that Coconuts is lucky, working directly for the boss. Mogul is then seen proposing a deal with the rouges, in the meantime. He requests they mercenaries bring "the shoes of Sonic the Hedgehog" leaving to their discretion whether or not his feet are in them.
Sonic is currently in part of a ritual to remove evil spells, as performed by Merlin Prower. He, Knuckles the Echidna, Miles "Tails" Prower, Mina Mongoose and Mighty the Armadillo observed as the "light show" was completed and spells were removed. (StH:181,185). Sonic wonders when he was supposedly "cursed", but Merlin responds that Sonic shouldn't have been able to turn super to fight Enerjak since the hex was a powerful one (StH:183). Sonic questions why he wasn't affected then, leaving Merlin to announce that that was his next order of business. Tails didn't want Merlin to go, but was reassured by Merlin, and requested his regards be sent to Tail's parents. Sonic comforted Tails, and tells him that if he needs anything, he'll be in the Great Forest, since Sally Acorn wanted to meet him there.
It turns out that Sally was lonely and just wanted a Knothole Freedom Fighter with her in the forest. Sonic and Sally talked heart to heart about the Destruction of Knothole and eventually their old love life, especially their messy break-up. Sonic reassured her that no matter what she'd done to him or how much she'd yelled furiously at him, he harbors no hard feelings of malice toward her; they're still friends. But before Sally could get a few more words in, just as they were (supposedly) about to kiss, a bomb appeared. As more bombs rained within the area, Bean and Bark stormed into the clearing. Sonic told Sally to get to safety while he took on the duo. He took on Bark in a one-on-one fight while Sally manages to convince Bean to have a bomb detonate in his own face. Sonic praises Sally for her job well done, but while distracted, is attacked by Bark, being lead towards the entire Destructix. Sonic utilizes one of his oldest tricks; when the Destrutix box him in, he ran around in a circle to create a small tornado. Getting cocky, he forgot about Predator Hawk and was attacked by him. The rest of the Destrucitx converged on him, attempting capture. Sally, witnessing this, and realizing she can't leave Sonic alone manages to convince Bean and Bark to help them out. With their assistance, Sally and Sonic quickly overtake the Destructix, but Sleuth says they have one more trick up their sleeve. This is a concealed Nack, stunning Sonic with his gun. Sally attempts to have Bean and Bark help out once more, but is shunned, Bean replying that since they 'goofed' her job, they "might as well get paid for Mogul's". Nack wishes to stay behind to get revenge on Sally. Sleuth approved of this, and gathers the group to tow Sonic off to the Casino. Nack then announces to Sally that he will give her a 10-second head start to run for Freedom HQ seeking help.
- Sally: (as a bomb lands on their hands) A BOMB?!
- Sonic: (annoyed) I swear, the timing of these things...
- Bean: (while watching the Destructix beat on Sonic) Yeah! Give him a left! And another! And no dessert after dinner!
- Bean: (while considering Sally's offer) So... NOT work for Mogul. And... Work for you. For money. And possibly cupcakes???
- Mammoth Mogul reopens the Casino Night Zone.
- Sonic and Sally battle Bean, Bark, and the Destructix.
- Sonic is captured by the Destructix after he is stunned by Nack the Weasel.
- This issue marks the reappearance of the Super Special Sonic Search and Smash Squad, having not been seen since Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 16.
- Some of the classic Badniks, such as Motobug, can be seen as butlers and servers in Mogul's casino.
- Geoffrey St. John reappears in this issue, having been absent since his last appearance in Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 159.
- Nack needing to get back at Sally is a reference to the events of Sonic the Hedgehog #123.
- Mogul incorrectly refers to the Republic of Acorn as the "Republic of Knothole".