Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “Consequences”: Sonic is traversing the Cosmic Highway to the Multiverse with Scourge the Hedgehog in custody, but he doesn’t get far before he learns that all the zones are in lockdown. What threat has caused such drastic measures, and can Sonic defeat it? Meanwhile, a hearing is underway to determine whether Princess Sally is guilty of treason. All this, plus a development of cataclysmic proportions that could well mark the beginning of the end as the countdown to issue #200 continues!
Sonic the Hedgehog has left Moebius and headed for the No Zone via Cosmic Highway to take Scourge the Hedgehog (who has recently been drained by his super form) to prison. However, while Sonic thought back to his past adventures on the Cosmic Highway, Scourge tried to make an escape. Sonic and Scourge fought for a while, only to be stopped and arrested by the Zone Cops Zector the Zone Cop and Zespio the Zone Cop for going through zones during a multiverse lockdown.
Sonic, who intended to find Zonic the Zone Cop in the first place, willingly went with the cops. Using a warp ring, they entered into the No Zone, which was in ruins. Scourge then made another break for it, while causing mayhem. Zonic saw Scourge, and set him as the priority target.
Sonic stopped Zonic so he could find out what was going on, along with getting a spatial stabilizer to keep Sonic oriented in the No Zone. Zonic explained to Sonic how the Zone Cops were at war with a mad man named Dr. Nega, being the reason for the multiverse lockdown and the No Zone being in ruins.
After a bit more of talking, they went back to dealing with Scourge. Scourge tried to attack Zonic, only to be knocked back by Sonic and to get a control collar on him to keep his abilities in check without harming him.
While Scourge was down, Sonic asks about when Dr. Eggman will be taken away, being that this "Eggman" is from another world. Zonic responded by saying he would not be taking him back because Sonic-Prime has to fight a Robotnik for his zone's stability, and since the original Dr. Robotnik died, this one would be the next best one to fill in. When Zonic got done with the explanations, he got Scourge and took him away. Sonic left as well.
Sonic went back to New Mobotropolis to be at home. There, he was greeted by his parents, who were still getting used to Sonic being a hero everyday.
Over at New Megaopolis, Snively was talking to his internet companion, Regina, when Dr. Eggman called for Snively to come down to the lab. When Snively realized that Eggman called him by his first name "Colin", it made him think that Eggman was falling apart, which, if true, could make Regina's "plans" be accelerated.
When Snively got down to the lab, he was told to get behind the blast shield and watch the monitors. A huge blast of fire boomed behind the shield. Snively said that the readings were "higher than you expected, sir." His Egg Phoenix was ready for launch.
This story takes place at a different time from the main story. This is a story adaption to Sonic and the Black Knight.
- Sonic-Grams: This edition of Sonic-Grams had some letters, but no fan art. It also showed Sonic the Hedgehog #198 and Sonic Universe #2.
- This issue finally explains the absence of the Zone Cops and the reason for Zone not taking away Dr. Eggman. Also of note is this is the first comic in a long while to make clear that Dr. Eggman is not the original Robotnik but explains that Eggman is the closest candidate to replace the original.
- Snively is called by his real first name "Colin" for the first time in the entire comic series. His name was stated only once before in his Data File from Sonic the Hedgehog #105.
- Zonic's explanation for not dealing with Eggman is expanded in a character role-playing Q&A done by Ian Flynn on his forum. In it he says as Zonic that "If Sonic had managed to kill Robotnik on his own, it'd be different." and that the Zone Cops could deal with Eggman. "As it is Sonic almost had no hand in the affair and Robotnik didn't just die - he was erased. He left a hole in the grand scheme of things." causing the need for Eggman to fill that hole.
- All the characters in the second story, ("Knight Time"), except for Sonic, were never given names. However, Ian Flynn has confirmed that their names were the same as their game counterpart on his message board.