|Sonic the Hedgehog #220|
- "In Service to the King" Part Two. Danger abounds in this pulse-pounding issue! Sonic is lost in a void with no chance of escape! One of his friends is about to make a terrible mistake! An old villain is poised to return, and a Chaos Emerald hangs in the balance! Then, discover the final fate of the villainess Lien-Da in "From the Inside Out."
In Service to the King - Part Two
Sonic wakes up in the Special Zone after being shot in the back by Geoffrey St. John, he then scrutinizes Feist for standing and watching instead of helping. Geoffrey arrives at the Casino Night Club and reveals to Mammoth Mogul that he is going to use the Chaos Emerald he stole from Sonic, to revive Ixis Naugus to his former glory. Naugus' consciousness is restored with the emerald and he begins to question Mogul and Geoffrey for enslaving him like an animal; and failing to rid Mobotropolis of the Royal Family, so he could take their place as king. Geoffrey goes on to ensure Mogul that his investment in their "revolution" will pay off, as soon as Naugus becomes king.
As Naugus prepares to leave with his apprentice, he tells him that they have to deal with the "quickster". Geoffrey tells Naugus that he took care of Sonic by shooting him in the back, stranding him in the Special Zone. Mogul and Naugus burst out in laughter, telling Geoffrey that he earned a reprieve just for that. Meanwhile, in the Special Zone; Sonic continues to free-fall, increasing Feist' boredom.
Sonic tells Feist that he can't do anything because he is not a god, like Feist is; so he should do something. Feist creates a challenge for Sonic do display his skills, if he succeeds he will find his way home. Sonic accepts the challenge; clears it with ease; and enters the portal to Freedom Headquarters. He asks Nicole if she saw Geoffrey exit the portal; Nicole responded saying she detected someone exiting the portal with a Chaos Emerald, but no one responded.
She left the portal open just in case, allowing Sonic to make it back without too much trouble. Sonic asks Nicole to tell the Castle of Acorn that he is coming, and that he has bad news. Later on, Sonic explained his story to the Council of Acorns, and the members decide to take action. Elias dispatches Bodyguards to protect his family, and to keep them in hiding. Elias ponders on how he had been played before by Geoffrey, but this time he had given him the benefit of the doubt; hopefully he would not use it against him.
Mina Mongoose, meanwhile, gathers her band together to spread a message of fear with their music to dispose of Nicole. Nicole was turned against the city with the Iron Queen's techno-magic, during her takeover. If she were to lose control again, she could possibly destroy the cities inhabitants. The story ends with Naugus and Geoffrey standing on a hill overlooking New Mobotropolis, waiting for the day to reveal themselves.
- Geoffrey St. John betrays Sonic during their mission in the Special Zone and is revealed to be Ixis Naugus' apprentice.
- Ixis Naugus makes his return with his sanity intact with the Chaos Emerald Geoffrey brought him.
- Mina Mongoose begins her campaign to rally the people against Nicole.
- The cover resembles #75 with Sonic saying "YOU?!?" on the cover of both issues.