|Sonic the Hedgehog|
Remember the FallenEdit
Silver and Edmund have found a hidden library. Silver is excited at the find and hopes it may hint towards the Traitor. While Edumund tells him not to get his hopes up, Silver's attention is focused on a series of books that had been left out. One is Antoine's heavily-worn journal. Upon reading it he sees the entry Antoine made about Geoffrey St. John's trial, though the majority of the words have been made illegible with time and the remaining pieces seems to point out that Antoine is a traitor supporting Naugus, not Geoffrey. He approaches Mammoth Mogul with the journal and an old, torn newspaper with a headline that announces Sonic's fight against a former ally (the picture is torn). Mogul points out that the majority of the "evidence" is illegible and that Silver shouldn't get too far ahead of himself. Silver goes back in time once again, but Mogul instructs him not to take the Time Stone and tells Silver only to return when the traitor has been dealt with. He gives Silver a sheet of paper with instructions on how to return to his time later.
In the present, the Freedom Fighters are dealing with the near-death of Antoine in their own ways. Amy Rose is trying to distract herself, Tails is repairing the Tornado, and Sonic is playing his guitar, reflecting on the times he picked on Antoine. Bunnie is at the hospital, crying and talking to a heavily bandaged Antoine, who is in a coma. She blames herself for his state and says that she has to leave, to set things right. She leaves a letter explaining her absence.
Ixis Naugus and the council has gathered with NICOLE. They vote to exile her to Freedom HQ and everyone except Rotor votes for exiling her, even Sonic's Uncle Chuck, who says it's because that's what the people want. Rotor is so upset about the turn-out that he quits the council then and there. He defends Nicole, pointing out that she built their city and is a Freedom Fighter. She begs him not to quit, but he cannot get over the Council turning their back on her.
Amy arrives at Sonic's house to further distract herself, but he doesn't open his room to her. She breaks down with his parents and Sonic decides to be better to her. As he is leaving his room he notices Silver outside. Silver asks where Antoine is and declares that Antoine is the traitor and that he is right this time. Sonic breaks through his house's wall to attack Silver. He drags him by his spines to the hospital and throws him against Antoine's bed. He shouts at Silver that Antoine is a hero and that there is no traitor, that he believes in his friends. Silver apologizes and leaves. Geoffrey comes in and salutes Antoine, to Sonic's annoyance and disgust. Sonic notices Bunnie's note and reads it. He says that Silver's time had one thing right—the Freedom Fighters were no more.
Later, Silver is sulking at the Julayla Memorial Park and trying to enjoy how the world looks. Harvey Who approaches and correctly deduces that Silver is the time-traveling hedgehog he's heard about. He invites Silver to join the Secret Freedom Fighters, so he can help the world without leaving behind a paradox-causing legacy. Silver accepts.
Silver is going over a new list of potential alternate with Amy, only to learn that Fiona Fox, Drago Wolf, Sleuth "Doggy" Dawg and Geoffrey St. John have all gone traitor already. Amy asks Silver if he's even trying anymore. The next panel shows Silver working himself ragged trying to come up with new suspects, such as Cream, Cheese, Nate Morgan, Wes Weasely, Mama Robotnik and even himself.
- Silver: What's the point? I'm out of suspects and motives! Naugus is already king, so the resurgence has to be right around the corner! I have NO IDEA how to save ANYONE! It's No Use!
- Harvey: Hmm. You know, I've heard a rumor of a time-traveling hedgehog, would that happen to be you?
- Antoine is in a coma after the events of the previous issue.
- Bunnie leaves on an unspecified mission.
- Silver strands himself in the past to find the traitor.
- The Council of Acorn exiles NICOLE to Freedom HQ and Rotor resigns from the council.
- The Freedom Fighters are disbanded.
- Silver becomes a member of the Secret Freedom Fighters.
- When Sonic is reminiscing about Antoine, there is a reference to StH: #4 when Super Sonic puts a whoopee cushion on Antoine's chair.
- The windows on Sonic's house are based on Sonic's logo from Sonic 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Silver uses the phrase "It's no use!", which is a nod to his dialogue as a boss character from Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- In one panel, the cyan ring on one of Silver's gloves is missing.
- Wes Weasley and Mama Robotnik from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog appear in the Off-Panel.