Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “Olympic Trials”: It’s a special event issue in honor of the Summer 2012 Olympic games! Sonic and his friends are preparing for the ultimate contest of sportsmanship, but Dr. Eggman plots from the shadows to take more than the gold! All this plus an exciting bonus story featuring Sonic the Hedgehog and Team Fighters!
While Tails is hanging banners on the stands of the Olympic stadium, he realises that if Sonic doesn't arrive soon, he will miss the trials. At that point, Sonic runs onto the hurdle track, jumps a hurdle, slides under the next hurdle, jumps over the next with one hand, and skids to a stop, saying that he would never miss the Olympics. When Sonic zones out for a second, Tails asks him if he's alright, and Sonic replies that he was daydreaming about winning lots of gold rings. After correcting him, Tails walks off with him.
Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman, Cubot and Orbot are discussing the traps they have set for Sonic and his friends. Cubot traps the Chaotix in a steel canoe that slams shut on them. Orbot sets traps in the hammer throw event for Knuckles, Silver and Big. When Knuckles swings the hammer, a cable wraps around his wrists, preventing him from letting go, so when he throws it, he flies through the air with it and gets knocked out. When Silver uses psychokinesis on his hammer, it explodes. Big's hammer releases sleeping gas, causing him to collapse. Eggman himself transports Amy, Rouge and Blaze to an unknown location by hiding teleporters in the hurdles. Watching these kidnappings, Marine and Cream decide to tell Sonic.
Meanwhile, Sonic, Tails and Shadow are practicing for the long jump. As Cream and Marine arrive to warn them, two worm-like robots emerge from the ground. After a short battle, Tails and Shadow are taken away, and Cream and Marine are captured by Eggman. Sonic challenges Eggman to every Olympic event for his friends' freedom, but with a lame excuse, the doctor calls Metal Sonic as his replacement. Sonic then faces Metal Sonic in every Olympic event. When competing in the hundred meter dash, Sonic is exhausted, but becomes empowered by the Olympic spirit. Sonic crosses the finish line, easily beating Metal Sonic, and jumps onto an Egg Capsule, freeing his friends. Tails then asks Sonic if he is going to skip the real Olympics after what he endured. Sonic replies by saying "Are you kidding? That was tons of fun! No way I'm waiting four years to do it again."
Team Fighters are flying over the ocean when a group of EggSWATs ambush them. Sonic and Amy quickly jump at them and attack them. After letting them have their fun, Tails gets T-Pup to blast all of the EggSWATs with missiles. Sonic and Amy hop back onto the wing of the Tornado and they fly off to Albion to help the echidnas there. Noticing the state Albion is in, Tails remarks that it "doesn't look good". Meanwhile, Knuckles is getting his secret base on Angel Island set up when he receives a distress call from Albion. He uses his Warp Ring to travel to Albion so he can provide assistance.
Blaze is triumphantly marching with the Olympic torch in her hand when she is distracted by a face that resembles Eggman. As a result, she trips on a log and falls into a puddle, extinguishing the flame. Blaze then frantically runs forward while repeatedly snapping her fingers, trying to get the flame going again.
- This is Shadow's first appearance (other than advertisements) in the main comic series since Sonic the Hedgehog #196, nearly fifty issues ago, although technically it is not canon to the overall story.
- Although this issue has the London 2012 Olympic Games on the cover, the Summer Games would have ended at least two months before this issue came out. This could be because this issue was revealed when the Olympic Games was taking place.
- Amy and Blaze are wearing the same clothes as they do in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- All Sonic characters from the Nintendo 3DS storyline of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games are in the comic except for Jet and Omega who are replaced by Marine.
- The backstory of this issue is the first story of several that shows signs of behind-the-scenes editing. Evidence to support this is found in the fact that there are large amounts of text in different font and the word Albion is instead referred to as the "Echidna Homeland." Similar edits could be found in the following issue, on a much larger scale.
- Nicole's appearance on Haven's screen in the backstory is actually a reused artwork of her from Sonic the Hedgehog #220.
- This issue was given away as a prize at McDonald's during their, "USA Wins Gold" giveaway.