Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Endangered Species - Part 2 - Sonic and Team Fighters can't retake Albion on their own. Who can help turn the tide? Knuckles, that's who! Knuckles confronts old enemies and old hardships all at once to save the last of his people. And is it a good or a bad thing the mysterious Thrash the Tasmanian Devil has arrived?
Endangered Species Part Two: Extinction Event
On Albion, Knuckles walks around the island looking for his fellow Echidna tribe during the post-attack. As he's walking around, he notices several light flashes. On his way there, he finds T-Pup and a Devil Dog. Knuckles runs off the devil dog and wonders why T-Pup is here. He decides to use T-Pup's monitier to find T-Pup's owner, Tails.
Several minutes later, he finds Team Fighters–Sonic, Tails, Amy, and a destroyed Metal Knuckles. Knuckles wakes them up and asks them why they were knocked out. Sonic remembers Metal Knuckles knocking him out, but Tails says that he and Amy took charge to defeat Metal Knuckles. Amy fought the robot, while Tails hacked the mechanics of the island. Tails pressed a wrong switch, causing the island's inhabitants to be knocked out, resulting Tails and Amy's knock out, and Metal Knuckles' turning offline.
However, Amy remember that they all weren't put together, so someone must have moved them together. Knuckles comments that maybe Julie-Su came here via Warp Ring, saw them, and put them together. Knuckles comments no, as only he and Espio have Warp Rings. Sonic then decides to walk the island with the others. Minutes later, Knuckles starts to remember that someone else has a Warp Ring that he has encountered before. Suddenly, Tails sees a mysterious figure with a Warp Ring.....
As it turns out, Thrash the Tasmanian Devil and several Devil Dogs are by a Warp Ring. Knuckles comments why he's there and Thrash then explains what happened: Thrash came on the island via Warp Ring and took refuge of the echidnas to a place to stay, which was a Warp Ring. He then found Team Fighters and put them all together by each other, feeling sympathy for the Mobians. Thrash then says that he took care of the echidnas by literally wiping them out in the timeline, thus they are "gone." (Thrash comments on that he got a Warp Ring thanks to Knuckles back in Downunda and that this was his "old quest" he was referring to.)
Knuckles, seeing with rage, attacks Thrash and commands him to bring them back. Thrash says that Knuckles was lucky to be alive, as he (and another echidna somewhere) are the only echidnas alive in Mobius. Knuckles is then blown away via Thrash's screaming power. Sonic counters back at Thrash by a Homing Shot. Sonic, saying that he let the echidna tribe down and even let Knuckles hit first, told Thrash to return things back to normal. Thrash then uses his screaming powers again and blows Sonic away. Knuckles and Team Fighters are helping defeat the Devil Dogs.
However, a mysterious plant source combines with Metal Knuckles, and the robotic echidna returns to live...
- This issue continues the behind-the-scenes chain of events that began in the last issue (due to the Ken Penders lawsuit), leading to the Archie Sonic universe's reboot. According to Ian Flynn, this lead to a last-minute change of the story in this issue, although reports of Penders say that he did not cause the change, but Archie did. As such, the story was altered in a drastic degree:
- The story was entirely rewritten. The story jumps considerably further ahead from the events at the end of the previous issue: all of the echidna characters, besides Knuckles, were written out of the story off panel, as well as Saffron Bee (all of whom were created by Penders), thus totally changing the direction of the whole arc.
- The original preview cover for this issue featured both Julie-Su and Amy Rose at the bottom right of the cover next to the title of the story arc. However, the final cover had her removed.
- As revealed by Aleah Baker, the original version of the arc would've debuted a new design for Saffron Bee, who the former had designed along with a redesign of Hershey Cat. She also revealed that Saffron would have played a significant role in the arc.
- According to Ian Flynn, the Krudzu which inhabited Metal Knuckles had no involvement in the original version of the story.
- Although Julie-Su was physically removed from the issue, she still has a presence in Knuckles' flashback via voice communication. This essentially marks the final time Julie-Su is present in any way, shape or form in the series.
- The editorial commentary suggests that the Albion echidna's may have been sent to the Twilight Cage, specifically asking "Could they be in the company of the long absent Brotherhood?"
- ↑ Tristan Oliver (15 January 2013). Chatter Suggests Archie, Not Penders, Pulled Plug on Disputed Sonic Comic Chars. TSSZ News. Retrieved on 8 January 2016.
- ↑ Aleah Baker (23 October 2013). The Thread of general Sonic-related questions. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 7 January 2016.
- ↑ Ian Flynn (1 March 2013). Endangered Species Afterthought: What DIDN'T Change?. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.