Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 248 is the two hundred forty-eighth issue of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series published by Archie Comics. It is third part of the Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide crossover event.
- "When Worlds Collide," Part 3 of 12. It's Sonic versus Mega Man — Round One! The fight that every fan of both the Blue Blur and Blue Bomber has been waiting for is here at last, and it looks like Sonic's got the hometeam advantage! Can Mega Man cope with the Blue Blur in a land of loops? Meanwhile, Dr. Wily is concerned his old rival might cause problems, which sets Dr. Eggman's sites on Dr. Light! Don't miss a moment of this historic crossover event as the heroic fights and evil friendships rage on! Continues in this month's Mega Man #25!
When Worlds Collide Part Three: No Holds Barred
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Jamal Peppers
- Inks: Jim Amash
- Colors: Matt Herms
- Letters: John Workman
- Assistant Editor: Vincent Lovallo
- Editor/Executive Director of Editorial: Paul Kaminski
- Editor-in-chief: Victor Gorelick
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Special Thanks to: Anthony Gaccione and Cindy Chau and to the Character Business and Licensing Department of SEGA Corporation
- Special Thanks to: Brian Oliveira at Capcom Media and Consumer Products and to 栄実
Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man begin their first round of fighting in Green Hill Zone! Sonic tells the Blue Bomber that he's faced dozens or even thousands of Badniks in the zone and he immediately takes down Mega Man. He gives the Blue Bomber a deal to tell him what happen to his friends and what Dr. Eggman has planned and that Mega Man won't be destroyed by him. Mega Man shoots at Sonic and he begins to think that Sonic is actually going against Dr. Wily since Sonic is organic, but, yet again, there has been defiant robots of Wily's before. Mega Man then has sorrow for Sonic, thinking that he'll take him out and have Dr. Light reprogram him. Suddenly, Sonic stomps on top of a platform and slides down towards Mega Man. The two carry on fighting while, unbeknownst to them, Tails Man is monitoring the heroes above.
Tails Man questions whether he should continue monitoring the two heroes, and Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily both tell the robot to continue the fight. The two scientists begin to place bets on which hero will take out which hero, as Albert has bets on Sonic taking down Mega Man and Eggman has bets on Mega Man defeating the "rodent". The two begin to relax and enjoy their "brilliant" plan of their in their own zone inside their own ship. Just then, the three Roboticized Masters–Shadow Man, Knuckles Man, and Rose Woman–had returned to the Wily Egg with the cyan Chaos Emerald they just stolen earlier. Eggman takes the emerald and lets Wily do the honors of putting it in the collection. But, Wily will do it after the fight between Sonic and Mega Man, as he doesn't want to mess a second of it. Eggman states that he's right, as it gives time for the other team to return back to the Wily Egg. As well as for the other two Chaos Emeralds to come back into place.
Back at Green Hill Zone, Sonic and Mega Man get the point that neither of them can beat each other and that they are at a stale mate. As Sonic ducks for cover, him and Mega Man takes a minute to rest, as they both is surprised at their opponent's strength and worry that they might not be able to take the other out. However, Sonic quickly regains his confidence as he think that he can beat anything. Deciding to play smarter rather than harder, he concludes that Mega Man is unfamiliar with Green Hill, and charges at Mega Man. The Blue Bomber then tries to fight Sonic, but the hedgehog starts utilizing Green Hill's unique environment to his own advantage, using its Springs to bounce all over the place, making him too is too fast and unpredictable for Mega Man to follow, thus giving Sonic the edge he need. Mega Man then gets the idea he has to recharged or he's toast. Back at Mega City, Proto Man enters Light Labs, damaged and weak. Proto Man gives Dr. Light a flash drive and tells him that that will help him track down Mega Man. Roll insists on Proto Man to recharge that way he can help Mega Man in battle and Blues then gives up arguing and lets Roll recharge him. Auto and Dr. Light begin analyzing Mega Man's location and they realize he went through another "dimension." According to the last news report, Mega Man chased after the Roboticized Masters into a Warp Ring and Dr. Light begins to bring that type of transportation into this dimension. He is successful upon this.....
Suddenly, at Green Hill Zone, a Warp Ring appears right in front of Mega Man. But, Sonic steals a chip inside Mega Man's Mega Buster, making the hand-cannon useless until he becomes recharged. He runs towards the Warp Ring and Sonic chases after the Blue Bomber. Mega Man grabs Sonic and the two begin hurling down inside the Warp Ring. Back at the Wily Egg, Eggman and Wily are shocked at the Warp Ring's appearance and they commanded Tails Man to follow the two blue heroes. Wily begins to curse at Thomas and Eggman begins to question who this "Thomas" is. Dr. Wily then tells Eggman that Thomas is Mega Man's creator, otherwise known as Dr. Light. The two realize that he can be a threat to there schemes, but two robots enter the scene and tell the scientists that they will that care of Dr. Light. Meanwhile, Sonic, Mega Man, and, unbeknownst to them, Tails Man, reach to Mega City. Sonic is confused where he is at, wondering if he is located at Station Square, Central City, or even Westopolis. He realizes the strange, looking robots and really begins to wonder where he is at. Just then, Mega Man sends in backup–Rush, Tango, Eddie, and Beat–, and Round Two of the battle continues on!
Continuing last issue's theme of "Eggman and Wily Failed Concepts," Dr. Eggman decides to replace the Turbine Torso in Metal Sonic's abdomen with a Mega Buster. The resulting blast sends Metal Sonic rocketing backwards, as Wily claims, "Well, that backfired!"
- The variant cover was revealed before the actual final cover.
- During Sonic's internal monologue as he battles Mega Man, he mentions having previously dealt with the Gizoids. This marks the first time the robots have been mentioned in-canon (albeit not in main Archie Sonic canon). The fact that Sonic (in the "Genesis" reality) has apparently encountered them previously, is clearly a reference to the events of the game Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, and, to a lesser extent, Sonic Battle.