Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 250 is the two-hundred fiftieth issue of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series published by Archie Comics. It is the ninth part of the Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide crossover event and the comic series' tenth milestone issue.
- Celebrate 250 issues of the longest-running video game based comic series, Sonic the Hedgehog, with "When Worlds Collide" Part Nine of Twelve! The final act of the crossover mega-event starts here as Sonic and Mega Man stand united against the Wily Egg—and backing them up are all their heroic friends. Standing against them are the Robot Masters—all of them! Let the battle begin! At a whopping 48 pages, this double-sized issue features a special, digitally remastered re-presentation of the first Sonic the Hedgehog issue! Also featuring a stunning new wrap-around cover by Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante. Plus, choose your favorite hero with the 'Team Sonic' and 'Team Mega Man' CHIBI variant covers! Continued in this month's Mega Man #27!
When Worlds Collide Part Nine: All-Out War!
- Writer: Ian Flynn
- Pencils: Ben Bates
- Inks: Gary Martin
- Colors: Matt Herms
- Letters: John Workman
- Assistant Editor: Vincent Lovallo
- Editor/Executive Director of Editorial: Paul Kaminski
- Editor-in-chief: Victor Gorelick
- President: Mike Pellerito
- Special Thanks to: Anthony Gaccione and Cindy Chau and to the Character Business and Licensing Department of SEGA Corporation
- Special Thanks to: Brian Oliveira at Capcom Media and Consumer Products and to 栄実
In the depths of the Skull Egg Zone, Mega Man, his brother Proto Man and their dog Rush along with Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends–Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Omega, Silver, Blaze, Vector, Espio, and Charmy–stand on their guard, as they face the Robot Master Army, lead by the final Roboticized Master, Rouge Woman, prepare to take down the heroes below the Wily Egg. Sonic leads the heroes, as he says to take the Robot Masters down as he will try to get to the access point inside the Wily Egg. Vector reminds Sonic that neither he, Proto Man, nor the rest of the Chaotix could break the code to get inside, but Proto Man tells the crocodile that it's their only shot inside the flying fortress. Shadow is attacked by Napalm Man, Omega takes care of the Robot Master for Shadow. Both of the Team Dark members realize Rouge has been roboticized, as Omega points out it was a good idea to leave his post to guard the gate back to their world. Sonic rushes back, thanking Shadow for leaving earlier to get Omega. Shadow tells Sonic to concentrate on fighting and Sonic agrees, as he takes down Mega Water S for the second time. Sonic asks how many Robot Masters Mega Man has faced, and the Blue Bomber replies that he's faced maybe hundreds, but he is glad that his brothers from the original line of Robot Masters are not battling the heroes. Sonic then tells Rock that some of these Robot Masters already faced them earlier, such as the Genesis Unit, Sonic gets the idea that Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman are time-cloning the robots. Mega Man then wants to get to the Wily Egg as soon as possible, as they have left Dr. Light for too long. Sonic then tells Mega Man not to worry; they will save him after destroying these robots.
Meanwhile, inside the Wily Egg, Dr. Light is cornered by a Motobug and a Mettaur while Dr. Wily and Dr. Eggman are betting zenny and Rings, respectively, to which robot will win upon taking down Dr. Light the fastest. However, the two robots bump into each other and begin to fight each other, forgetting about Dr. Light. Dr. Light then walks to the evil scientists, and begins to tell them about their plans. Dr. Light tells Wily that controlling too much power such as changing the timeline is dangerous and out of control for even Eggman or Wily. Eggman was impressed that Dr. Light knew their plans, but Dr. Wily then tells Dr. Light that he is just too jealous of their visions and power, and that Dr. Wily and Eggman have created an entire new dimension. Wily goes on to how he and Eggman have total control on this plan, but Dr. Light plainly tells Wily "Ra Moon," which makes Wily shocked. Wily then asks Dr. Light what he is talking about, and the good doctor then tells Eggman and Wily that they have rewrote the past, changed the near-future, so they should have a clear idea what he is talking about. Dr. Light then comments Wily's lack of control on Ra Moon, Gamma, King, the Staroids, Roboenza, and even Bass, and that if it wasn't for Mega Man, the world would have been destroyed. Dr. Light then berates Eggman, saying that with monsters like Chaos, Finalhazard, Emerl, and even the Time Eater, there wouldn't be a world to conquer if it wasn't for Sonic. Dr. Light finally tells Wily and Eggman that it is not too late to change their ways. Wily, furious, leaves the room, while Eggman grins at Dr. Light and leaves Dr. Light to talk to the destroyed Motobug and Mettaur.
Back at the battlefield, Mega Man and Proto Man are cornered while facing Knight Man and Yamato Man, as Mega Man comments that it was easier to take them down one at a time. Luckily, Sonic uses a Homing Attack on Knight Man to help Mega Man and Proto Man. Shadow and Top Man are racing while Sonic single-handling takes down Hard Man, Spark Man, and Bright Man, which helps Shadow take down Top Man. Shadow yells at Sonic that he doesn't need Sonic's help, but Sonic leaves Shadow and Clown Man to fight. Blaze then is surrounded by Heat Man, Pharaoh Man, Magma Man, Flame Man, Solar Man, and Burner Man, but she quickly destroys the robots. Silver holds down all of the telekinetic/time-traveling Robot Masters, but is quickly ambushed by Flash Man, who is jealous of Silver because of his hair. Espio and Shadow Man then begin to battle while Vector fights against Snake Man, as the crocodile tells Snake Man that he is a disgrace to reptiles everywhere, leaving Charmy to face Hornet Man. Knuckles easily takes care of Concrete Man and Stone Man, while Shadow, distracted by saving Rouge, is ambushed by Shade Man. Amy then faces Splash Woman, Aqua Man, and Pump Man before getting rescued by Tails, who is facing his own problem against Tornado Man, Gyro Man, and Wind Man.
Sonic then is left to face Quick Man, Charge Man, Slash Man, Metal Man, Turbo Man, and Nitro Man. Quick Man comments how Sonic is a better opponent to face than Mega Man, but Sonic quickly takes down each and every one of the speed orientated Robot Masters, saying that they do not have Mega Man's skills. Mega Man then uses the Piko Hammer against Blade Man and Sword Man, but he quickly changes into the Fire Tornado Master Weapon to take down Blizzard Man, Commando Man, and Jewel Man. Mega Man then uses the Sonic Shot on Rouge Woman while Sonic drags her down, and it turns Rouge back to normal while Mega Man collects the Black Wave Master Weapon. Sonic then takes down Bubble Man, Needle Man, Ring Man, (which makes Sonic look at the Rings he collected from the Robot Master), Tomahawk Man, Search Man, Junk Man, Wave Man, Ground Man, Jewel Man, Strike Man (in which Sonic stared at the Robot Master with a confused look), Buster Rod G, Drill Man, and finally kicked Quick Man, as Sonic replied that although Quick Man is quick, he's not "fast" like Sonic.
Back at the Wily Egg, Dr. Wily oversees the battle and cheers to the excitement of the battle as if it was a football game. Orbot then tells Dr. Eggman that there is a weak transmission coming from the lower part of the fortress. Wily asks what happened, but Eggman tells Wily that he and Metal Sonic will take care of the problem. Back outside, Shadow goes to Sonic and Mega Man, and tells the two that they need to enter the Wily Egg now, as the Robot Masters are automatically being time-cloned back to fight the heroes. Both Sonic and Mega Man disagree, but both Proto Man and Shadow tell the two that they need to save Dr. Light while the rest of the heroes take care of the Robot Masters. The two blue heroes then call Tails and Rush to guide them to the Wily Egg. Tails asks Sonic if the others will be okay while fighting the massive horde of Robot Masters, but Sonic assures Tails that they'll be fine. Proto Man and Amy then wish their respective hero good luck and continue fighting the Robot Masters. Inside the Wily Egg, Dr. Light has made a transmitter to contact Rouge or Mega Man out of the spare parts from the Motobug and Mettaur. However, Eggman and Metal Sonic find Dr. Light contacting for help. Eggman realizes how Dr. Light got enough information about his and Wily's plans, and how a certain bat could only obtain information like that. Eggman finally realizes that Dr. Light is quite resourceful, too resourceful, if he can add. As well as a threat to their plans. Metal Sonic then drags Dr. Light to the lower deck, where Eggman activates a button that shows the battlefield of the heroes versus the Robot Masters. Eggman then commands Metal Sonic to drop Dr. Light below, and the metal doppelganger does as told (with Eggman noting that the occurrence seems familiar). Dr. Light is then falling to his doom, while Mega Man, Sonic, Tails, and Rush then try to rush themselves to save Mega Man's father.
- When Metal Sonic throws Dr. Light from the Wily Egg, Eggman says that it was familiar. This is a reference to Sonic the Hedgehog #231, when Mecha Sally throws Sonic from the Death Egg 2.
- Both issues were drawn by Ben Bates; the page styles are almost identical.
- The art style of the variant covers is reminiscent of Mega Man Powered Up.
- This issue was originally going to contain Sonic the Hedgehog #1, but instead, the final quarter of Sonic the Hedgehog #229 is shown instead.
- This was most likely done so that Mega Man fans could understand how the original Genesis Wave problem was fixed, as a contrast to what would happen later in the crossover.
- This is the third issue in the Archie Comics to have a gatefold cover (the first was the previous milestone, the second was Mega Man #25).
- Shadow is playing a Sega Game Gear on the Team Sonic variant cover.
- Vector the Crocodile is seen using Level 2 Vector Breath from Sonic Heroes.