The Bomb Bugs Me
- Sonic comes to inform Sally and Boomer that Robotnik has access to "The Bomb"... To trick Robotnik, they project a picket line on a wall outside his office as Boomer disguises himself as Robotnik to trick Crabmeat into giving "The Bomb" to the freedom fighters, but this plan backfires when Robotnik shows up dressed in a Boomer suit! Think that's crazy? Just wait till you find out what "The Bomb" is!
The Bomb Bugs Me!
Sonic is running through Robotropolis when he overhears Dr. Robotnik bragging about having "the bomb", which will "kill every last one of them". Panicked, Sonic rushes back to Knothole to tell the rest of the Freedom Fighters (notably Sally and Boomer). They hatch a plan to distract Robotnik by projecting a movie of them protesting on a wall to fool the doctor and his SWATbot.
Boomer then comes in dressed up as Robotnik to get "the bomb", but then Crabmeat requests his presence in another room. Sonic and Sally hear fighting coming from the next room, but what looks like Boomer comes out with "the bomb" and says they should go back to Knothole. Suddenly, Robotnik comes in, claiming he is the real Boomer, followed by tons of rubber masks flying through the air. Sonic finally gets tired of the arguing and pulls all of the costumes off using his speed at once. They get the real Boomer, dizzy and confused, and take "the bomb" back to Knothole, where they discover it is a bug-repellant device dubbed as "The Bomb". Dr. Robotnik and Crabmeat are seen back at Robotropolis by his pantry, still remaining full of bugs, as he scowls and says "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!".
Tails' Fairy Tales!
Sonic, who is resting on a tree, is approached by Tails. He tells Sonic that he read the story The Tortise and the Hare, which Sonic thinks is an "old fossil". Tails tries to convince him that it's a good book, but Sonic won't believe him, thinking that a turtle could never beat a fast animal like a rabbit. Suddenly, a turtle passes by quickly on a rocket-powered skateboard. Sonic changes his mind, a bit.
Sonic is on the phone, arguing to the person on the other side of the line. He then zooms off to another phone, retorting. He runs back to the phone and argues again. He runs to the other phone; running so fast that he can argue with himself through the phones.
Princess Sally is addressing everybody in Knothole Village in anger, proclaiming that the perpetrators of a certain crime must be punished and that her word is law, putting on a crown and taking out a scepter. She takes Antoine by the top of his shirt and drags him off to begin an investigation. With Sally away, Tails responds in fear in that he has never seen Sally so angry. Sonic, who is sweating, reads the newspaper, which is talking about a debacle of Sally turning blonde, proclaiming that he thought she could take the joke. Rotor, meanwhile, runs off to quickly wash the printer ink that is on his hands.
Boomer's camera picks up traces of Robotnik making deep inroads into the southern sector of Mobius. Sonic, accompanied by Boomer, go up and out of Knothole to scope it out. After speeding through Mobius (along with Boomer on roller skates, using a rope tied to Sonic), they find a southern-accented rabbit being captured and taken into a portable robot-maker. Sonic tries to go save the day, but is pulled back by Boomer, who is still attached to him. Upon being untied, Sonic then gets up and goes in for the save, but the rabbit is still being robotized, half-way through progress. Sonic shuts down the machine and the rabbit falls unconscious. Despite Boomer's reservations about Robotnik being able to use her robotic parts to trace them to Knothole, Sonic decides to take the rabbit with them for medical treatment.
Sonic and Boomer take the now half-robotizied rabbit back to Knothole, where she regains consciousness and introduces herself as "Bunnie Rabbot", and proves herself worthy of being a Freedom Fighter (and is promised to be the Sally's hairdresser). Suddenly, Antoine bursts through, panicking. He tells them of a giant Burrowbot heading towards the Great Forest in order to seek out Knothole. Sonic and Bunnie go up the secret entrance to fight it, where Sonic is nearly crushed by the Burrowbot's treads. Bunnie pulls him down just in time, and Sonic confronts the giant Badnik. However, the Badnik uses a ray to freeze Sonic in place, and attempts to roll over him with his treads. However, he finds himself being flipped upside-down, courtesy of Bunnie using her super strength arm (due to incomplete robotization). Sonic thanked Bunnie and creates a trench around the paralyzed Burrowbot, and jams it into the ground. In the aftermath, Bunnie is welcomed into the Freedom Fighter group.
A list of Ivo Robotnik's rules:
- NO Laughing
- NO Singing
- NO Plants
- NO Music
- NO Books
- NO Exercise
- NO Friends
- NO Pets
- NO Fun
- NO Healthy Food
- NO Complaining About My Rules!
- Rotor was still being referred to as "Boomer" at the time of this issue's publishing.
- This issue, along with issues 1, 2, and 4, was reprinted in Sonic Archives Volume 1.
- In the one page story "Paper Trail", Sally's brown/yellow and pink/black coloration difference between is pointed out.
- Robotnik, of all people, had to point out Rotor's obesity, an unintentional comparison to the skinnier Rotor from Sonic Miniseries #0. He seems to be aware of the hypocrisy, as he immediately takes back this comment ("How can someone be so fat? ... Never mind.")
- On page 22 (page 3 of Rabbot Deployment) in the last frame, Sally is not fully colored.
- Robotnik's Rules is signed "I.R.", which stands for Ivo Robotnik.
- Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 3 at Mobius Encyclopedia, the Archie Sonic wiki