|Sonic the Hedgehog #6|
The Spin Doctor
- The adaption of the Sega Genesis Game Sonic Spinball! When the freedom fighters attack Robotnik's factory, they find that Robotnik has relocated to deep within Mount Mobius, an active volcano! And it is there where Sonic enters the Veg-O-Matic Fortress where he is attacked by Rexxon and Scorpius! After defeating them, he runs into two allies in the Lava Powerhouse, Hip and Hop, who warn him about the Ferrons. But after Sonic trashes the Ferrons, he comes across a more dire situation - a cell full of animals awaiting roboticization!
The Spin Doctor
Sonic the Hedgehog and the Knothole Freedom Fighters charge after Doctor Ivo Robotnik (Archie)|Dr. Robotnik]]'s lab to try and eliminate him, but they notice a sign on his door that says that he has left. The lab is now nothing but an abandoned area, but Sonic runs off to find Robotnik anyway. Before leaving, he notices a note that tells him where Robotnik is located: a huge volcano, known as the Veg-O-Fortress, surrounded by pinball rails.
The second zone appears to be a huge lava room, where Sonic meets Hip and Hop. They are two kangaroos who inform Sonic of the dangerous Ferrons up ahead. Sonic quickly beats the Ferrons, but he is catapulted into the third level, where he is surrounded by venomous plants and captured animals. Sonic avoids them, but walks into one of Robotnik's traps on accident. Sonic spots Robotnik on a screen, but he is soon tossed out of the Veg-O-Fortress.
Fortunately, Sonic is rescued by Tails, who was on sky patrol in case trouble should arise. They leave the volcano, but Sonic thinks he will return there someday.
Here Comes the Bribe
Sonic is reading some fan-mail from a mailbox. The first letter he opens up has a reader, Brandon, asking for Antoine to appear more often. Sonic reacts in shock and anger as he keeps reading, with the writer stating that Antoine is the noblest Freedom Fighter, is brave, loyal, and has helped saved Sonic before. The writer goes so far to saying that the comic should be called 'Antoine'. Sonic marches off in anger to Antoine's room, finding Antoine writing a letter to Brandon thanking him for writing the letter he so asked and is enclosing a check.
Sonic's Christmas Carol
The issue begins with Sonic presenting his version of Charles Dickens' book, A Christmas Carol.
Robotnik Scrooge is arguing with Rotor Cratchit about a day off for Christmas. Robotnik Scrooge refuses to allow Rotor Cratchit for a day off, and makes him work harder.
That night, Scrooge is watching TV, when a TV ghost known as Jacob Snarly (Snively) warns Robotnik that three spirits will arrive on that night.
Scrooge is in doubt, and goes to sleep, but is soon awakened by the Ghost of Christmas Past (played by Sonic). He reminds him of when he was little, and lived with Uncle Chuck and Sonic. Robotnik is reminded of how much of a tyrant he was, and how he tried to destroy the Christmas tree with a tractor.
Sonic protects the tree, but Robotnik Scrooge tries to attack him. Instead, he falls in Christmas food, discovering he is in the house of Rotor Cratchit. Scrooge is confronted by the Ghost of Christmas Present (also played by Sonic). One of the family members fetches a present, which is truly a bomb sent by Robotnik. The family realizes that only Robotnik has enough money to buy presents. One of the family members overhears this, and returns the present to the sender.
Finally, Robotnik enters the future and is encountered by the Ghost of Christmas Future (also played by Sonic). He explains that Rotor Cratchit's family has slown down, but Robotnik is still an evil madman. An old Sonic tries to stop Robotnik, but quickly fails. Scrooge is asked to stop his evil ways, to which he declines. Suddenly, a mailman gives the old Robotnik the present, which says "return to sender". The old man quickly opens it, but is blown to bits.
At that point, Sonic wakes up from a dream, and quickly wishes everyone a Merry Christmas.
- Sonic locates and attacks the Veg-O-Fortress.
- The main story, "The Spin Doctor", is a tie-in to the video game Sonic Spinball which came out about one month prior to release of this issue. All areas of the game, and some of the Badniks in it, are referenced.
- The backup story, "Sonic's Christmas Carol", adapts A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens but using Sonic characters in place of Dickins' originals.
- Robotnik Scrooge, played by Doctor Ivo Robotnik (Archie)|Doctor Robotnik]], is based on Ebenezer Scrooge from the original, who does learn the error of his ways.
- Rotor Cratchit, played by Rotor Walrus, is based on Bob Cratchit.
- Jacob Snarly, played by Snively, is based on Jacob Marley.
- The Ghosts of Past, Present and Future are all characters from the original, but here they are all played by Sonic.
- This is the first issue where Rotor's name is corrected from being "Boomer".
- Sonic references the Casino Night Zone in The Spin Doctor.
- Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 6 at Mobius Encyclopedia, the Archie Sonic wiki