Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Crime 'N Punishment
- Sonic returns to Knothole and finds himself in hot water because of the missing Sword of Acorns! Angered by the frosty reception, he hastily leaves with Tails, Rotor and Mina. Sonic blames himself and can't stop thinking about the sword. And Robotnik is also angry over the lost Sword of Acorns, terrified it will get in rebel hands and actually restore free will to those he's imprisoned. The facts don't stop Robotnik, however: he pretends to have the Sword in a nefarious plot to hoodwink the newly arrived Overlanders.
Bagging the Big One
- And in the backstory, "Bagging The Big One," as his search for the Floating Island continues, Knuckles discovers he's the quarry of more than a few interested parties, each racing to beat the other. Unfortunately for them, this isn't the Knuckles they've all dealt with before...
Crime 'N Punishment
- Writer: Karl Bollers
- Pencils: James Fry
- Inks: Pam Eklund
- Colors: Frank Gagliardo
- Letters: Jeff Powell
- Editor & Art Director: J. F. Gabrie
- Managing Editor: Victor Gorelick
- Editor-in-Chief: Richard Goldwater
Sonic thinks about how awful things have been lately as he heads down the Great Oak Slide to Knothole. Once he emerges on the other side, Sonic finds himself trapped in a net. Geoffrey St. John and the Secret Service members place Sonic under arrest for stealing the Sword of Acorns. Frustrated, Sonic spins out of the net and refuses to obey their orders. Elias arrives and asks Sonic if he will answer to his authority instead.
In Robotropolis, the Shadowbots escort the Overlanders through the city. Hope tells her grandmother, Lady Agnes, that she doesn't feel safe in the city. Colin Kintobor, their leader, barks back that it's safer to stay in the city than to be attacked by monkeys and hedgehogs. Dr. Eggman addresses the crowd via a holographic projection, assuring them that the city is a safe haven and inviting Colin and his family to stay at the city's palace. Meanwhile, beneath the city, Kodos gloats over his acquisition of the Sword of Acorns. He loudly yells that he will never need anyone's help again while Uma Arachnis watches him silently from a distance.
In Knothole, Sonic asks Elias where Sally is. Elias refuses to let Sonic see her, but offers to act as a liaison for him. Agitated, Sonic storms off. Sonic continues to mull over his situation when Mina appears, overjoyed to see that he hasn't been arrested. Due to her super speed, Mina accidentally crashes into Sonic. They quickly laugh the situation off when Antoine and Bunnie return from Mercia with the High Sheriff in tow. Antoine says that he needs to talk to King Max about his father, but Nate Morgan interrupts their conversation to explain that Elias is currently the head of state for the Kingdom of Acorn due to the king's paralysis.
Sonic glumly tells his friends that the king was hurt during the raid on Robotropolis because of his negligence and that he lost the Sword of Acorns to Eggman. Nate tries to relieve Sonic of some of his guilt, accusing the king's presence in the battle of being a foolish decision, but Sonic runs off. Meanwhile, Uma Arachnis steals the Sword of Acorns from Kodos while he sleeps.
Sally and Queen Alicia are informed by Geoffrey that Sonic stole the Sword of Acorns and refuses to explain his actions. Sally is conflicted, unsure of what to do. The group decides that the queen and princess should busy themselves with other things while Geoffrey and Elias decide what to do about Sonic. Once they are alone, Geoffrey begins berating Elias and calls him a failure of a leader. He offers the prince the position of a puppet politician: Elias will be the acting monarch while Geoffrey advises him on what decisions to make from behind the scenes. Upset with himself, Elias silently agrees.
In the Robotropolis palace, Eggman welcomes Colin, Hope and Agnes. Colin tries to embrace his long lost brother, but Eggman refuses to touch him, claiming to be a germaphobe. Colin explains that, after Snively's mother passed away, he married another woman. His spouse didn't survive their trip through space and the two women with him are his mother-in-law and stepdaughter. Meanwhile, in Knothole, Sonic rushes to Elias and demands to be punished for his crimes. As Sonic is a public hero, Elias refuses to arrest him. Instead, he revokes Sonic's knighthood and bans him from leaving Knothole Village.
Knuckles the Echidna: Bagging the Big One
- Writer, Pencils, Inks, Colors & Letters: Ken Penders
- Editor: J. F. Gabrie
Charmy Bee and Saffron enjoy a summer day outside the Golden Hive Colony when Chaos Knuckles suddenly appears before them in a flash of light. Charmy and Knuckles are confused by how much they've changed since they last met. While Charmy introduces Knuckles to Saffron, Nic and Nack spy on the group from above. Nack explains to his sister that he knew Knuckles would eventually try to find one of his friends. Nic readies herself to snipe Knuckles, but Nack reminds her that their weapons won't have any effect on someone with such incredible powers. Instead, he suggests they try less conventional tactics.
Knuckles explains to Charmy and Saffron that the Floating Island has vanished from the sky. Nack shows himself to the group before they can continue their conversation any further, telling them that his sky bike malfunctioned on while he was on his way to Downunda. He asks Knuckles to help him fix it, but Knuckles is skeptical and refuses. Seeing that his ploy isn't working, Nack tells Knuckles that his sister is ready to snipe Charmy and Saffron if he doesn't come with them.
Knuckles submits, but asks why Nack trusts that he won't just run away. Nack explains that he knows Knuckles wouldn't abandon his friends and that a Guardian always keeps his word. Knuckles asks Nack how he knows about the Guardians when he finds himself surrounded by Albion law enforcement. Yanar hands Nack his payment for capturing Knuckles while Gala-Na explains to Knuckles that his power is too dangerous and Albion refuses to risk the possibility that he will endanger others. In order to take his powers, they plan to use the Chaos Syphon to drain away the Chaos Energy.
The editor receives phone calls from fans who think Off Panel should get a graphic novel release and a monthly comic series. He gets more calls, asking how much he likes starring in his own comic strips and demanding that Mike Gallagher and Dave Manak get a pay raise. The editor looks outside to find Mike and Dave dialing him up on a pay phone and threatens to have them arrested.
- Uma Arachnis steals the Sword of Acorns from Kodos.
- Elias and Geoffrey make a deal to run the Kingdom of Acorn together.
- Sonic is confined to Knothole and his knighthood is revoked.
- Knuckles reunites with Charmy and meets his fiance, Saffron.
- Knuckles is captured by the Albion law enforcement.
- Geoffrey: "I'm going to be quite candid with you, Elias -- you're a poor excuse for a leader. Can't blame you, actually. You were never cut out for this line of work. You spent most of your life on an island...never dreaming you'd someday be a prince. Your father should've appointed the princess his successor, but he's stuck in the old ways. So what do you do? If you're smart, you'll let me help. I can guide every decision you make from behind the scenes, so Max won't be disappointed. Agreed?"
- Nack: "I was on my way to Downunda, and my Skymaster developed a hiccup!"
- Saffron: "The poor thing!"
- Charmy: "He's probably talking about some transport craft, Saf! It's not alive!"
- The backgrounds of "Bagging the Big One" are real life photographs rather than traditional illustrations.