|Super Sonic vs. Hyper Knuckles|
Heroic Age Colors
To Jennifer Hunn at Sega
Clash of the Titans
The story starts off with Princess Sally calling Sonic to Knothole Control, reporting that Knuckles is in the area. Sally says that he is walking along the edge of the Great Forest. Sonic replies that he never leaves the Floating Island, and that is where they fought last, making a reference to Sonic Triple Trouble. Tails then says that he met Knuckles' great-grandfather (in the Tails mini-series). Sonic growls that Knuckles is up to no good, and Sally says what he's "up to", the edge of Robotropolis. Sonic thinks that Knuckles is going to make a deal with Robotnik and races off to confront him. Sally tries to tell him to just talk to Knuckles and don't get in a fight, but Sonic continues on, saying "Gotcha, Sally", as he disappears. Sally sighs and asks Tails what the odds makers say, and Tails breaks the fourth wall by saying, "Four to one they're in a fight by page 6!"
It cuts to Knuckles then walking around the lake at the edge of Robotropolis commenting on how he was glad Echidnas converted to a better technology that doesnt pollute the environment. it then cuts back to when Knuckles was on Angel Island with Mighty. Knuckles is talking about how he wants another Chaos Emerald because Angel Island only has one chaos emerald keeping it afloat. So Knuckles takes out a copy of the book of myths explaining to mighty that he intends to find the Lake of Rings to retrieve another Chaos Emerald. Then it cuts back to Knuckles at the lake confused saying that there was no mystical readings by the lake. Then Sonic punches Knuckles and starts to read a paper decreed by royalty skipping parts of it. Knuckles angry that Sonic punched him ignores it and Sonic and Knuckles get in a brawl.
Fathers & Sons
- This was the first issue where Knuckles transformed into Hyper Knuckles. During the battle, he displayed the ability to spin his hands at super speed, similar to an ability he used in the Sonic Underground cartoon.
- Robotnik's rant on page 27 mirrors his rant at the end of Archie Sonic Miniseries Issue 2, in that in 48 pages, Robotnik only got a one page cameo.
- This shows that there was a zone called "the Special Zone" that existed before the one we know ruled by Feist. As to whether or not Feist transformed the Zone of Silence into the Special Zone had any relationship to this zone is unknown. There was also called the Special Zone which Zonic had mentioned. It's unknown if it's the same as this one is destroyed, unless it was repaired by the Zone Cops or when Titan Tails restored the multiverse. Either way, neither of these other special zone where never heard from again.
- "Crash of the Titans" is a reference to the 1981 film Clash of the Titans.
- Despite appearing in the first story, Mighty was kidnapped along with the Chaotix during the time according to the second story.
- Despite looking like his video game counterpart in Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 4, Super Sonic is depicted as just a gold Sonic. He would remain that way until Archie Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 82.