This page explains how to obtain every Red Star Ring in Asteroid Coaster.
- After the first checkpoint, the player must use the frenzy wisp to smash through blue test tubes. When they reach the end of the path, instead of jumping on the springs in front of Sonic, they must smash the tubes in the right corner to reveal another spring. The player should follow the path there and boost from the slope ahead to run upwards high enough to grab the Red Star Ring above.
- Right before the second checkpoint, the player will ride a coaster, then use air vents to go up. They should use every air vent to go to the very top of the area, where they will find the second checkpoint (there is another one at the bottom, but Sonic needs to be on the top path). The player should follow the path from there and double jump across the gaps until they reach dash panels, which they must boost over to reach a Red Star Ring ahead.
- After the second Red Star Ring, the player will fly up in the air, entering a section where they must hit asteroids. After hitting the first one, they should wait before hitting the next one so that they can target a different one on the right. This will take the player to another path around a meteor, which must be run along in order to collect the third Red Star Ring.
- After the third checkpoint, the player will come to a room where the gravity is reversed. They will spot the Red Star Ring on the right near the ceiling. The player must jump on the platform left of it and wait for it to be almost at the top of the screen, then jump right to grab the medal before they fall down.
- At the very end of the level, when the player reaches the Goal Ring, they should run down the meteor to fall on a walkway around it instead of touching the ring. The player must grab a purple wisp capsule and use the frenzy wisp to crush the crates on the right and reveal a spring. They must then hit it and homing attack the pulley in the air to go down a zip line. The player can grab the next zip line to collect the last Red Star Ring.
- Some distance after the start, beyond the section where the player jumps on platforms with blue/red blocks coming out of the wall to crush Sonic, the player should spot a yellow platform under another platform. They must jump to that one and target the spring to the right, which will eventually send the player into the first Red Star Ring.
- Shortly after the first Red Star Ring, the player will go up some disappearing yellow platforms, then hit a dash panel. Immediately after doing so, they must drop down into the gap ahead to spot a Red Star Ring at the bottom. The player should stand on the yellow platforms to go down and grab the Red Star Ring, then quickly climb back up.
- After the second checkpoint, the player will fly across some meteors and hit meteorites, until they reach a path where they must use the frenzy wisp to smash through test tubes. At the end of this path, the player must hit the spring to go up and grab the Red Star Ring directly above in the air.
- After the third checkpoint, the player will come to a room where the gravity is reversed. They must go to the right to a platform that goes down, then go down and wait for the blue/red blocks to retreat into the wall. Instead of going right (the normal path), the player should go to the left to find some yellow platforms, which they can climb up to find the fourth Red Star Ring.
- After the fourth checkpoint (after the fourth Red Star Ring), the player should hit the spring to go down, then go right and jump on the two red blocks coming out of the wall. They can then double jump to the right to collect the last Red Star Ring.
- The first Red Star Ring that the player is able to get is seen while they are on the yellow spring. They must stomp to jump higher and grab the Red Star Ring above the red/blue block.
- When the player reaches the end of the path with the bouncing pad, they must get the pink wisp capsule and use the spike wisp to follow the ceiling into an alcove with robots, a 1-Up, and a Red Star Ring.
- Once the player has a spike wisp activated, they must quickly return to the entrance to get the first Red Star Ring they may have seen when the level started, over some spikes in the path going down.
- Also after getting the pink wisp, the player should return to the Goal ring where they can see blue blocks and get the blue wisp capsule (or they can get it first before the pink one so that they will keep it when the power runs out). They must use the cube wisp to crush the blocks in the left corner and reveal a Red Star Ring.
- After the player has crushed the blue blocks with the cube wisp, they must grab another pink wisp capsule in this same area and use the spike wisp to cling to the ceiling above the Goal Ring. They should go behind it on the left to find a Red Star Ring (or alternatively go all the way back to the entrance with spikes and go around to find themselves behind the Goal Ring).
The Red Star Rings in this Act are all within plain view as the player runs through the level.
- The player should follow the path from the start until they get a cyan wisp capsule. Once collected, they must go back left to where they may have seen a Red Star Ring earlier. The player should stand on top of the black crates and use the laser wisp to aim at the wall above so that they bounce back onto the platform where the Red Star Ring is.
- The player should get the purple wisp capsule below the first Red Star Ring and go to the right. From there, they must drop down on the bottom floor and use the frenzy wisp to eat up the blocks in the left corner and reveal a Red Star Ring.
- After going up to the first checkpoint by using the laser wisp, the player must get the other cyan wisp capsule here and aim through the passageway going up into the ceiling to collect a Red Star Ring at the top.
- After the first checkpoint, instead of going down, the player should go right and place the beam so that they can jump and follow the path at the top of the area. In the corner at the right of the second beam is a Red Star Ring.
- After the fourth Red Star Ring, the player must go down and grab the cyan wisp capsule, then go to the right and stand next to the black crates with a robot on top.They should aim the laser diagonally to the top right corner to collect the fifth and final Red Star Ring.
- When Sonic is on the rollercoaster at the beginning, the player will get to a section with meteorites. As soon as they hit the first one, they must quickly hold left on the control stick to target a different meteorite on the left (instead of targetting the one they normally would). This will lead the player to a different rollercoaster. While riding this one, the player must jump through the rainbow rings when it goes down to collect the first Red Star Ring.
- After the first checkpoint, the player will come to a room full of water. In the top-right corner, they will spot the Red Star Ring. They must swim to it and go up to grab it.
- After the second Red Star Ring, the player will go through more water and come across purple wisp capsules. After the second one, the player must go into the water tunnel ahead and use the frenzy wisp, crushing the metal crates near the end to find a Red Star Ring. They will then fall down to the second checkpoint.
- After the second checkpoint, the player must grab a purple wisp capsule and make it to the end of the path while avoiding using it. At the end, there are four test tubes in the middle with snake enemies in front and a Red Star Ring stuck in between them. The player must use the frenzy wisp and break the tubes to get the Red Star Ring.
- Shortly after the fourth Red Star Ring, the player will jump through some springs, then cross the top path using frenzy before they fall down. While falling down, the player should stick to the left to collect the last Red Star Ring.