Shadow and Sonic performing Atomic Strike
|Statistics and Overview|
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
A unavoidable co-op attack by Sonic and Shadow that deals damage to all enemies with lightning.
Atomic Strike (アトムストライク Atomusutoraiku?) is a POW move performed by Shadow the Hedgehog, with the aid of Sonic the Hedgehog, in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. When performing this move, Sonic and Shadow rapidly spin around the opposing team, creating an electrical field. This move is unavoidable, damages all enemies present and deals Lightning damage.
When performing Atomic Strike, Shadow and Sonic moves up in front of the opposing enemies, with Sonic running up there while Shadow teleports. Both of them then enter a Spin Dash and start circling around the opposing enemies at high speeds. While circling around the enemies, Shadow and Sonic start floating into midair and move around in oblique circular orbits that a common center in midair. As they increase in speed, Shadow and Sonic form a pulsating electrical field in the center of both their orbits that resembles a nucleus. At the peak of the electrical field's size, Shadow and Sonic stops spinning and jump away in front of their opponents, thus releasing the electric field upon their opponents.
In gameplay, Atomic Strike deals attack damage to all enemies present on the opposing side of the battlefield, while dealing elemental Lightning damage. This attack will always hit the opponents, regardless of their stats. The higher the level of Atomic Strike is, the more attack damage it will deal.
When performing Atomic Strike in gameplay, the player has to complete a series of real-time events by performing certain actions on the Touch Screen, in order to execute Atomic Strike optimally:
- The player has to touch and stay inside the outer circle that appears when it overlaps the inner circle and follow it in a curve from the bottom of the screen to the right.
- The player has to tap an inner circle that appears before the outer circle overlaps the inner circle.
- The player has to touch and stay inside the outer circle that appears when it overlaps the inner circle, and follow it in a curve from the left side of the screen to the top.
- The player has to tap an inner circle that appears eight times, before the outer circle overlaps the inner circle.
Missing or not touching these circles correctly will result in the damage from the attack being reduced.
|I||4||200% of Attack damage to all enemies||Can't Miss, Element: Electricity|
|II||4||225% of Attack damage to all enemies||Can't Miss, Element: Electricity|
|III||4||250% of Attack damage to all enemies||Can't Miss, Element: Electricity|
- It could be that Atomic Strike is made with the combination between Sonic's Blue Tornado and Shadow's Chaos Control. It could also work with both of them using Spin Dash.
- ↑ Official in-game description.