Sonic attacking a foe with Axe Kick
Sonic spinballs to deliver a powerful double kick to a single foe.
Axe Kick (アックスキック Akkusukikku?) is a POW move used by Sonic the Hedgehog in the game Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. When performing this move, Sonic Spin Dashes into an enemy and follows up with a powerful air-kick
When performing the Axe Kick, Sonic runs up to the front of a single opponent and enters a Spin Dash. After charging his Spin Dash briefly, Sonic shoots himself straight into his opponent, striking his target hard, while enveloped in a light blue aura. As he rebounds from his target, Sonic sends himself back at his opponent and delivers an additional spinning double-kick to his target before jumping away.
When performing the Axe Kick in gameplay, the player has to complete a series of real-time events, by performing certain actions on the touchscreen, in order to execute the Axe Kick optimally:
- The player has to stay inside the outer circle that appears when it overlaps the inner circle and follow it vertically across the screen.
- The player has to touch two circles in succession, before the outer circles overlap the inner circles.
Missing or not touching these circles correctly will either result in Sonic missing a strike or the damage from the attack being reduced.
- 4 PP
- Axe Kick I: 150% of Attack damage
- Axe Kick II: 175% of Attack damage
- Axe Kick III: 200% of Attack damage
- No effect
- The Axe Kick appears to based on Sonic Eagle, Sonic's Aim Attack in Sonic Battle. Both attacks are identical, and Sonic Eagle is even referred to as an "Axe Kick".
- ↑ Official game description.