Sonic attacking a foe with Axe Kick
|Statistics and Overview|
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
A Spin Dash-and-kick combo attack that deals damage to a single foe.
Axe Kick (アックスキック Akkusukikku?) is a POW move used by Sonic the Hedgehog in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. When performing this move, Sonic Spin Dashes into an enemy and follows up with a powerful air-kick.
When performing the Axe Kick, Sonic runs up to the front of a single opponent and enters a Spin Dash. After charging his Spin Dash briefly, Sonic shoots himself straight into his opponent, striking his target hard, while enveloped in a light blue aura. As he rebounds from his target, Sonic sends himself back at his opponent and delivers an additional spinning double-kick to his target before jumping away back to his team position.
In gameplay, the Axe Kick deals attack damage to one single target with two strikes. The higher the level of Axe Kick is, the more attack damage it will deal.
When performing the Axe Kick in gameplay, the player has to complete a series of real-time events by performing certain actions on the Touch Screen, in order to execute the Axe Kick optimally:
- The player has to touch and stay inside the outer circle that appears when it overlaps the inner circle and follow it horizontally across the screen from left to right.
- The player has to touch the inside of two circles in succession when the outer circles overlap the inner circles.
Missing or not touching these circles correctly will either result in Sonic missing a strike or the damage from the attack being reduced.
|I||4||150% of Attack damage||No effect|
|II||4||175% of Attack damage||No effect|
|III||4||200% of Attack damage||No effect|
- The Axe Kick appears to based on Sonic Eagle, Sonic's Aim Attack in Sonic Battle. Both attacks are identical, and Sonic Eagle is even referred to as an "Axe Kick".
- The Axe Kick is an actual kick in martial arts. It is a taekwondo technique which is done by swinging the leg straight up and back down aiming at the jaw of the opponent.
- ↑ Official in-game description.