|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Like their name says, the Ball Bots are white spherical robots, whose size can be up to twice that of a basketball. They have a black equator and a single red eye with a black frame and a slit-like pupil.
A quartet of Ball Bots were used by Dr. Eggman to attack Team Sonic. However, they were no match for the heroes, who used them against Eggman. The heroes even used a Ball Bot to decorate for New Year before turning it into a New Year's Eve ball.
The Ball Bots would fight Team Sonic again later on, one time with Giant Robot and another during a raid on a toy-and-game factory, only to get destroyed in each encounter. When Team Eggman was assembled, the Stunt Bears were given Ball Bots to use. As the Stunt Bears' team faction ambushed Amy and Sticks with the Ball Bots though, the girls took the villains out using the Ball Bots.
A Ball Bot would be pitted against Team Sonic by Dr. Eggman during an attack, only for it to get damaged and be wielded by Knuckles. Having enough of Eggman's callous attitude later on, the Ball Bots joined Orbot and Cubot's strike action while also scorning Eggman's replacement lackeys. As they were about to give up though, Eggman cracked and agreed to treat them better (but still without respect). Some Ball Bots would soon after engage Team Sonic again, but got taken out by Sticks.
Incapable of speech, the Ball Bots are normally relentless in battle, single-minded and unquestioningly dedicated to Dr. Eggman's orders. However, they do possess free will and emotional capabilities, allowing them to make their own choices and express things like dislikes. Regardless of this, the Ball Bots are weak-willed and depend on Eggman to avoid being sent to the scrapheap, meaning they cannot act independently for long before coming groveling back to the doctor.
Powers and abilities
Akin to the Badniks, the Ball Bots are easily overpowered and very fragile: one blew up from hitting a tree and another was easily pierced with a wooden pole. Also, they are easy for opponents to use as makeshift projectiles against other opponents.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Beardmore, Marie (14 January 2017). "Strike!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 62. Boomerang.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (24 December 2016). "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 59. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (28 January 2017). "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 64. Boomerang.