|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Ball Hog (created 3235), also called Ballhog, is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a pig-based Badnik variant created by Dr. Ivo Robotnik and is one of his Classic Badniks.
After a failed mission, the Ball Hog and everyone else went into hiding, not wanting to have Robotnik take his anger out on them for grabbing what he thought was treasure, and finding only Sonic the Hedgehog's bronzed baby shoes. Later, he and Newtron had the task of dynamiting a random place in an attempt to flush out a spy. Sonic, who knew what was happening, set off the explosives before the bomb could reach its intended target. A Ball Hog was also present during an attack on what Robotnik thought was a wedding between Sonic and Princess Sally.
Island of Misfit Badniks
Years later, Sonic decided to visit the Island of Misfit Badniks. Ball Hog was among the badniks that fought Sonic, before Pseudo-Sonic caused the island to sink. Ball Hog finally saw some action when the Forty Fathom Freedom Fighters attacked the island in order to stop the badnik's from enlarging Pseudo-Sonic. Ball Hog led the second wave of badniks, consisting of himself, Splats, Orbinaut, and Coconuts. He took on Bivalve, before getting beaten up. Like all of the other badniks, Ball Hog was compacted into a cube along with the island by Big Fluke.
- Note: From this point, the Ball Hogs' history continues from their new life in the altered timeline.
Powers and abilities
- The Ball Hog was modeled after the badnik with the same name from the Genesis and Game Gear video game Sonic the Hedgehog, both times appearing only in the Scrap Brain Zone.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #185, "Misfit Badniks: The Soggy, Salty Sequel"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #7, "Uncle Chuck's Treasure!"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #16, "The Man From H.E.D.G.E.H.O.G."
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #18, "Wedding Bell Blues!"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #170, "The Island of Misfit Badniks!"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #32, "Inside Job Part 4: No Holds Barred"
- ↑ Sonic Archives Vol. #4, "Who's Who: Ball Hog"