- There is a similar badnik called Crawl.
- The name "Banper" is actually a mis-translation of the word "bumper."
- Only concept art of this scrapped badnik has been found, depicting it has never been used in any prototype versions of the game.
- Banpers are similar in the defenses of the badnik named Spiker, as both badniks can be used as a spring, if the player bounces on top of the defending badnik.
- If Banper had debuted in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, it would've been the first official badnik to imprison two Animal Friends at the same time (see concept art below).