- There is a similar Badnik to Bamper called Crawl.
- The name "Banper" is actually a mis-translation of the word "bumper."
- Only concept art of this scrapped Badnik has been found, depicting it has never been used in any prototype versions of the game.
- Banpers are similar in the defenses of the Spiker, as both Badniks can be used as a spring, if the player bounces on top of the defending Badnik.
- If Banper had debuted in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, it would have been the first official Badnik to imprison two Animal Friends at the same time (see concept art below).