|Bark the Polarbear|
Bark in Sonic the Fighters.
in other media
|Skills, abilities and powers|
In Sonic the Fighters, his incredible strength compensates for his slow speed. He specializes in throws and has the comical ability to flatten an opponent's head.
Sonic the Fighters
Bark the Polarbear's first appearance was in Sonic the Fighters Bark is the third combatant in story mode and is in possession of the yellow Chaos Emerald and is fought in the Aurora Icefields. Bark is a very tough opponent and uses a variety of powerful punches and throws.
Bark appears as a toy in the intro of the Sega Saturn version of Fighting Vipers, although he's only visible from the waist down.
Bark appears as an unlockable character in Fighters Megamix, along with Bean the Dynamite.
Bark's main asset is his physical strength, Bark specializes in throws and other powerful punches that can flatten the heads of his enemies. However, Bark's main weakness is slow speed.
Appearances in Other Media
He and Bean appear in issue Issue #160 of the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comic, where they ambush Sonic on his birthday, but Bark finds himself outnumbered and surrenders to Fiona Fox. He also made a cameo appearance in issue #50 and the cover of issue #51. He also used to be part of a mercenary group which included Fiona Fox and Bean and was led by Nic the Weasel. He has been recently featured as prominent characters in the comic. He later appeared in Issue #187 and #188 as a hired gun for Mammoth Mogul with Bean to capture Sonic. Sally Acorn bribed them into betraying the rest of the hired guns in order to save Sonic. They soon rejected her offer after the capture of Sonic and returned to work with Mogul. Bark makes an additional cameo on the cover of Sonic X Issue #15 in the form of a stuffed toy, along with Storm the Albatross and Amigo.
- His theme song is Fairy of A.I.F, which was remixed for Sonic Gems Collection.
- In Sonic the Fighters, Bark's fur in his character select picture is darker than usual.
- He made cameo appearance on the cover of Sonic X #15, Merry Eggs-Mas. He is a doll in Decoe's hands.
- In Fighters Mega Mix Bark's alternate costume is a Santa Claus suit.
- According to an interview in Sonic Central, Sonic doesn't know the whereabouts of Bark, Ray the Flying Squirrel, Mighty The Armadillo, Bean the Dynamite, or Nack the Weasel. This explains why these characters haven't made a game appearance for a long time.
- Like Bean and Honey, Bark is owned by Sega AM2 (since absorbed into Sega itself) and hasn't appeared in a Sonic game since. Most likely since a large chunk of Sonic games are produced by Sonic Team.
- Bark the Polarbear Concept: "Mobius" (REAL Character Profile)
|Sonic the Fighters|
|Characters||Sonic | Tails | Knuckles | Amy | Espio | Bark | Bean | Fang | Dr. Eggman | Metal Sonic | Honey|
|Locations||South Island | Tails' Lab | Death Egg II|
|Arenas||South Island | Flying Carpet | Aurora Icefield | Mushroom Hill | Canyon Cruise | Casino Night | Dynamite Plant | Giant Wing | Death Egg's Eye | Death Egg's Hangar|
|Other||E-Mech | Eggman Robot | Fake Fighter | Gallery | Hyper Mode | Lunar Fox | OST | Rocket Metal | Sunset Town|