Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic the Comic continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Bat Brain is a character that appears in the Sonic the Comic series published by Fleetway Editions. It is a bat-based Badnik variant created by Dr. Ivo Robotnik. They were among the first generation of Badniks Robotnik produced and has posed a threat to Mobius since the doctor's early days.
One of the earliest models of Badniks, the Bat Brains and the Badnik army once tried to defend one of Dr. Robotnik's Neutrino Accelerator, but were no match for Sonic the Hedgehog. A Bat Brain and other Badniks later tormented Tufftee, who got himself trapped in the Marble Zone, before deciding to turn him into a Badnik with the Portable Badnik Processor. Thankfully, Sonic came and destroyed the Bat Brain.
Some Bat Brains were summoned by Robotnik to kill Sonic after Robotnik stole his powers and looks. However, the Bat Brains mistook Robotnik for Sonic and attacked him until Robotnik returned Sonic's powers, which he used to destroy the Bat Brains. While useless Bat Brains were melted down to be repurposed, others units aided with the Marxio Brothers' schemes which were foiled by Knuckles, and ravaged the Casino Night Zone until Tails and his allies stopped them. More Bat Brains tried taking out the Freedom Fighters and almost succeeded, but were foiled by Shortfuse the Cybernik. On the day where Robotnik's tyranny ended, Bat Brains and other Badniks were called in by Grimer to stop the rebels in the Metropolis Zone until a global electromagnetic created by Super Sonic destroyed them.
Later, at an operating station on Flickies' Island, Robotnik started building new models of Bat Brains which were more round and dreadful-looking. These models would challenge the Freedom Fighters on a few occasions, during one of which they were commanded by Agent X.
- The Bat Brain appeared as a pin-up in Sonic the Comic #64.
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #1, "Enter: Sonic"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #3, "Mayhem in the Marble Zone"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #12, "Hidden Danger!"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #39, "Sonic No More"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #42, "A Day in the Life of Robotnik"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #43, "Carnival Night Conspiracy, Part 5"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #44, "Carnival Night Conspiracy, Part 6"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #81, "Shock Tactics!"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #89, "A New Hope"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #99, "No Exit"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #100, "The Final Victory"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #105, "Flickies' Island, Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #106, "Flickies' Island, Part 3"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #116, "Best of Enemies, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #131, "Shady Characters, Part 1"