|Battle Kukku Empire|
Great Battle Kukku, the leader of the Battle Kukku Empire.
|Group Overview and Statistics|
Prior to Tails Adventure
The Battle Kukku Empire (バトルクック帝国 Batoru Kukku Teikoku?), also known as the Battle Bird Armada, are the primary antagonists in Tails Adventure. They are an army of belligerent bird warriors lead by the Great Battle Kukku.
The Battle Kukku Empire invades Cocoa Island to uncover the Chaos Emeralds which lay hidden there for ages. Tails fends off the invaders and defeats them. The Battle Kukku Empire consists of uniformed birds, somewhat intelligent robot drones and advanced machinery. The army lives on a huge flying fortress that posed as an island throughout most of Tails Adventure.
- Great Battle Kukku, the dictator-like leader of the army. He is larger than most Kukkus, and is the final boss of the game battled in his flying fortress. He fights by throwing bombs all around him and throwing Tails himself if the fox gets too close.
- Battle Kukku XVI, aka Speedy, the son of the Great Battle Kukku. Speedy is a quick green Kukku who, despite his natural and fast aerial skills, sometimes wears armor equipped with an energy gun and a jet engine that lets him take even faster flight. He appears as a boss twice throughout the game, first on Pori Pori Mountain and then in the flying fortress just before the player faces his father.
- Dr. Fukurokov, the army's main scientist. He is the first boss of the flying fortress, but does not actually fight, as he instead lets his defensive machinery take care of Tails. His tendency to overlook little details is his greatest weakness.
Apperances in other media
- The organization has never given official English name in western instruction manuals of Tails Adventure. North American instruction manual of Sonic Gems Collection refers members of the empire to as Kukku bird troops or simply Kukku, though it is not clear whatever it refers the whole empire as itself.
- Given the name of Kukku Island when the game is set to English (Coco Island), it is possible that Kukku was meant to be read as "Cuckoo". On the other hand, it could have been mistaken for the name of the game's setting, Cocoa Island. However, "Kukku" was used in compilations and later the Archie Comics as part of the main villain's name, confirming its official spelling.
- The Battle Kukku Empire are the second villains (although the first chronologically) that Tails has fought single-handedly, the other being Witchcart.
- In Ristar, another Sega game, both the first level miniboss and the end boss of Planet Sonata (Neuos in the Japanese version) bear a very uncanny resemblance to the bird troops.
- There is a similarity between Speedy, Bean the Dynamite and Jet the Hawk; they are three bird characters who are all green. Also, both the Great Battle Kukku and Bean use bombs as their weapon of choice.