|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Belinda is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. She is an anthropomorphic goat from the Unnamed Village and the wife of Charlie. When Charlie turned to a life of crime, Belinda joined her hustand as his partner in villainy.
Belinda is a thin anthropomorphic goat of average height with brown fur, a tan muzzle with a black nose, blue eyes, and a short bushy tail. She has long hair that she keeps together in a braid, a short hair turf on the back of her head, curved ears and stubby white horns. For attire, she wears a straw hat with a light blue band and a yellow flower, a long green dress with butterfly symbols on it and a darker green upper section, a yellow necktie, white gloves, a brown belt with a side pocket that is braided with a flower, and brown shoes.
When Knuckles began hanging around Charlie, Belinda invited him over for dinner, much to her husband's grief. After being told by Knuckles that Charlie had been fired from his job though, Belinda had enough of her husband's meek disposition and kicked him out. However, when Charile stood up to Knuckles by becoming a supervillain, Belinda took him back. As Charlie lost to Knuckles, Belinda faked a truce with Knuckles on behalf of Charlie and praised his growth and new career choice.
While with Charlie, Belinda met Knuckles as he looked for a foster family. This gave Belinda an idea for revenge against the echidna: she and Charlie would take Knuckles into their family, bond with him by preying on his vulnerabilities, and then turn him to the side of evil. Carrying out her plan, Belinda convinced Knuckles to become their fellow villain, but when they attacked Team Sonic, Knuckles would rejoin his friends, forcing Belinda to retreat with Charlie.
Belinda is a good-mannered hostess as seen when she invited whom she thought to be her husband's friend over for dinner. However, she can be quite short-tempered and assertive. She also has little tolerance for people unwilling to stand for themselves or too meek to speak their mind.
Since Charlie became a supervillain, Belinda has embraced the life of villainy, quickly adapting a sense of maliciousness. Befitting the classic villain, she also has an evil laugh. Intelligent, vengeful, dishonest, composed and manipulative, Belinda can quickly formulate evil plans on the go and knows how to exploit people's weaknesses to her advantage. She also displays a preference for violence, having encouraged the most brutal behavior possible on multiple occasions. She will likewise gladly employ indecent tactics if it means victory, like the usage of human shields.
Charlie is Belinda's husband. The two of them are very close, although they have their share of arguments. Originally, Belinda had a problem with her husband's unwillingness to stand up for himself, which eventually made her kick him out. However, she took Charlie back after he proved his assertiveness by becoming a supervillain. Afterwards, their bond became stronger than ever as Belinda not only praised her husband's growth, but also lied for him so he could remain a villain and torment Knuckles. Since the, Belinda has become Charlie's partner in villainy, often acting as the brain and tactician behind their schemes and attacks. Her composed demeanor effectively makes her a counter to Charlie's otherwise aggressive impulses.
- "I don't recall any thing. If you're trying to imply that you don't want someone here, perhaps you should just say it!"
- —Belinda response to meekness, "Counter Productive"
- "Alright Charlie! Crush him!"
- —Belinda encouraging brutality, "Counter Productive"
- "Great job Charlie! You stood up for yourself and got a new job as a supervillain."
- —Belinda praising CHarlie's life choices, "Counter Productive"
- Belinda's character model is derived from Lady Goat's.
- Belinda is the first female antagonist in the Sonic Boom franchise.
- Despite being a goat, Belinda does not bleat during her sentences like Lady Goat. This is because the writers for the Sonic Boom television series did not want to use the same joke for two characters.
- Belinda received her name as a part of the contents for season two of the Sonic Boom television series rather than season one.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (29 January 2017). Retrieved on 29 January 2017. “Bill Freiberger: @VOColleen is the voice of Belinda.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (14 November 2015). Retrieved on 14 November 2015. “Bill Freiberger: Charlie's wife is named Belinda.”
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (28 January 2017). "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 64. Boomerang.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (7 November 2016). Retrieved on 8 November 2016. “James Mom: James Mom asks, "If Belinda, Charlie's wife, is a goat, how come she is not bleating like Lady Goat while talking?" / Bill Freiberger: We're doing that joke with Lady Goat so there's no need to have another character have the same trait.”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (18 November 2016). Retrieved on 21 November 2016. “Berber Pipo: But i didn't know charlie's wife name before you told me, does that mean she didn't have one before? / Bill Freiberger: She got her name in season 2. She didn't have a name in season 1.”