"Beyond the Valley of the Cubots" is the thirty-sixth episode in the Sonic Boom television series. It first aired on 24 July 2015 in the United States and on 29 August 2015 in France.
When Orbot and Cubot discover a group of rejected Cubot prototypes hiding in the jungle, they seek the help of Sonic and Tails to protect them from Eggman.
- Dr. Eggman
- Cubot Series (First appearance)
- Lady Walrus
- Orbot Series (Mentioned)
- Team Sonic
- Walrus Child
- Sonic Boom World
At the beginning of the episode, Tails is working on his Auto Adjuster 3000 in his workshop but then notices that all of his tools have gone missing. He calls for Sonic for help, and the dynamic duo head to Eggman's lair, thinking that Eggman stole the tools. However, Eggman's tools are missing as well. Eggman asks Orbot and Cubot to search for the tools and capture the crooks who stole them.
While Sonic and Tails set traps for the culprits, Orbot and Cubot wander around a tree. Suddenly, the two robots are caught by a net. Then they look down and see, much to their surprise, a group of robots who look similar to Cubot. Orbot explains that all of the look-a-likes are prototypes of Cubot. At the Valley of the Cubots, one prototype, who wears a hat, tells that they were rejected by Eggman but then they escaped his lair. The two robots go and tell Sonic and Tails. After explaining the situation, one of the prototypes gives Tails his tools back. Cubot decides to stay with his duplicates, while Orbot goes back to the lair.
Inside the lair, Eggman asks where Cubot is, and Orbot tells him that he has decided to stay with the prototypes. Eggman is shocked by this and decides to get him back as he knows too many lair secrets. Meanwhile, Cubot is seen on a chair answering the prototypes' questions. Eggman then shows up with his badniks and Cubot tells everyone to run away, but everyone does not budge, much to his chagrin. Luckily, Sonic and Tails know what to do, as they attack the badniks and save the prototypes. Cubot apologizes that he stayed with his duplicates and tries to give Eggman a hug, but he accidentally makes Burnbot malfunction, and Sonic easily takes care of him by tying it up with its own extendable arms. The Eggmobile flies off, and Sonic promises the prototypes that he and Tails will take them to a safe place.
Back at the lair, Orbot and Cubot are seen doing chores, and Orbot welcomes his partner home.
- Tails invents his Auto Adjuster 3000. It would make a return in "Og Man Out".
- Sonic and Tails learns of the Cubot prototypes' existence. They would return to them in "FiendBot" to make FriendBot their protector.
- Dr. Eggman would use a recording of Sonic tying up Burnbot to program FriendBot in "FiendBot".
- While Orbot and Cubot are caught in the net trap, the net is free of leaves, but when the Cubot prototypes brings it down on the ground, it is covered in leaves on the inner side.
- In the scenes between where the Cubot prototype with the bowler hat has his hat pierced by Burnbot and until he presses his self-destruct button, his hat shows no sign of being damaged.
Title in other languages
|Finnish||Cubotin kansa||The Cubot Nation|
|French||Le roi Cubot||King Cubot|
|Hungarian||A Kócbotok völgye||The valley of Cubots|
|Italian||Nella valle dei Cubot||In the valley of Cubot|
|Polish||Poza doliną Cubotów||Beyond the Valley of Cubot|
|Russian||Долина Куботов||The valley of Cubots|
- This episode aired in France as the thirty-seventh episode in the series.
- This episode was originally listed as "Beyond the Valley of Cubots."
- This is the first episode since "Guilt Tripping" to feature Sonic and Tails but none of the other members of Team Sonic.
- The part where the prototype Cubots share a flashback of how they escaped Eggman's lair was spoofing off of the escape scene towards the end of the movie The Shawshank Redemption.
- During the part where Eggman attacks the Cubot prototypes, he quotes off the movie Independence Day by saying "Hello boys! I'm back!"
- The title is a reference to the movie Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.
- During the scene where Eggman has trouble remembering Cubot's name, he indirectly mentions the name of a videogame character named "Q*bert".
- The first Finnish title of the episode could be a reference to the quote "To infinity and beyond" from Toy Story.