The F-6t Big Foot - Ground Air Combat Walkers is a boss in Sonic Adventure 2, a recurring enemy in Shadow the Hedgehog, and makes an appearance in Sonic X. It is a G.U.N. robot controlled by a soldier. It made its first appearance in Sonic Adventure 2 as the first boss of the Hero Story. It is fought after City Escape.
The Big Foot is a mechanical walker that is armed with a machine gun and missile launchers. Its main weak-point is the cockpit, which requires four strikes to defeat it.
- Combat weight: 100,600 lbs.
- Full length: 16.0 ft.
- Width: 10.2 ft.
- Height: 18.1 ft.
- Power Plan1: GUN F-series Diesel Engine / Two GUN R-series turbofan engines
- Road: 45 mph
- Air: 96 mph
- One M32 A-1 22mm Gatling gun
- Two four AIM-120C Advanced Medium-Range air-to-surface Missiles
- Chobham-type armor on glaois and turret and armored bulkheads between turret and engine
- Depleted uranium armor in production
- Automatic fire detection and suppression
- Collective overpressure Nuclear Biological and Chemical (NBC) protection
- GVDR-1A radiological warning device
Sonic Adventure 2
Shadow the Hedgehog
Big Foot also appeared in Shadow the Hedgehog, where it is slightly darker in coloration with some silver outfit. In gameplay, they are the most powerful GUN's enforces, having a very solid armor that is more powerful than R7's and it takes eight hits with the Homing Attack and one shot by Shadow Rifle to destroy it. The Big Foot can fly and walk as well, but it is very slow. Like in Sonic Adventure 2, they have a human on their cockpit that controls the robots. However when destroyed, no humans will get out of it. They usually leave behind a heavy machine gun when destroyed.
Big Foot begins by flying up and strafing the ground with machine- gun fire. It’s easily seen and he’s not moving very fast. Run in a wide circle to avoid it. After a few passes with the machine guns, Big Foot will land and the Missile bays will open. Predictably, Missiles shoot out at you. Again, run around the edge of the circle until the barrage stops. Try to time it so that you’re close to Big Foot when the bay doors close. As soon as they do, leap high in the air and Homing Attack on Big Foot’s cockpit. After the fourth hit, Big Foot collapses.
Similar G.U.N robots
There are variations of the Big Foot walker, possibly different models of it. Both of them only appeared in Sonic Adventure 2.
- Hot Shot: Hot Shot is exactly the same as Big Foot, with the same weapons and capabilities. However, it also has an added lock-on laser its front. Hot Shot is deployed to fight Shadow when he was set free from stasis by Dr. Eggman.
- Flying Dog: Flying Dog is basically the Hot Shot without legs. Without the walkers, Flying Dog remains hovering during its operation. It also has an improved defense, as it takes five strikes to destroy. When four strikes has been dealt, the Flying Dog simply stops using missiles and machine guns, and instead just launches the plasma cannon repeatedly. It was deployed on security hall against Rouge the Bat, who was stealing three Chaos Emeralds from the vault.
Appearances in other appearances
The F-6t Big Foot robots have made several cameos throughout the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series published by Archie Comics. They had appeared during the brief attack by Dr. Eggman at Central City. (SU #38)
Sonic fights the Big Foot in a similar manner to the games.
- Big Foot is named after the legendary cryptid, the Bigfoot (or Sasquatch), because it is a giant compared to characters like Sonic.
- ↑ "Vital human life signs approaching. Enemy mech Bigfoot detected!" As said by E-123 Omega when encountering a Big Foot