|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Black Volts are bird-like creatures with strong reptilian features. They have streamlined bodies with no neck or legs, two sets of aligned yellow eyes, and red and black skin-the mark of the Black Arms. They also have a pair of squamous wings with thin sections, a long thin tail with a red tip and two dorsal fins on their back.
Shadow the Hedgehog
Several Black Volts were among the Black Arms that fought under Black Doom during the first invasion of Sonic's World and faced several factions. However, all these Black Volts perished once Black Doom was slain by Shadow the Hedgehog.
Several Black Volts under Black Death's control joined for a new invasion of Sonic's World on-board the New Black Comet, where they fought against Team Dark and the Spider Troupe who invaded the New Black Comet. Despite Shadow temporarily joining their side, the Black Volts could not stop the invaders from blowing up the New Black Comet with a nuclear warhead while Shadow killed Black Death, resulting in the Black Volts' end.
Like most Black Arms soldiers, the Black Volts have no actual personality of their own and are but an extension of their hive-mind's ruler.
Powers and abilities
Like all the other Black Arms, the Black Volts' lives are connected to the hive-mind of their kind. That meant that if their hive-mind dies, so will they.
- The creatures identified as Black Volts actually resemble Black Hawks. In the Shadow the Hedgehog game, Black Volts are a variant of Black Hawks with gold armor and a projectile launcher.
- ↑ Shadow the Hedgehog
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic Universe #59, "Shadow Fall Part One: Into the Unknown"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #60, "Shadow Fall Part Two: A Shadow in the Dark"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #61, "Shadow Fall Part Three: A Matter of Trust"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Sonic Universe #62, "Shadow Fall Part Four: A Matter of Survival"