Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The regular Blaster Troopers are humanoid robots with metallic yellow armor, grey joints and yellow lights. They have slightly short arms and legs compared to their torso, pointy shoulders, a three-fingered right hand with claws, an energy cannon for a left arm, no visible neck, a yellow eye with a slit-like pupil and a V-shaped horn on top for a head, and a ring-shaped collar.
The stronger variant of the Blaster Troopers are colored white with metallic yellow joints.
The Blaster Troopers were created by Lyric the Last Ancient about a millennium ago to help with his plans to destroy the earth's lifeforms and conquer it. When Lyric was imprisoned before completing his plans, the Blaster Troopers were shut down. However, Lyric left some of them behind to be found as a contingency plan so the finders would set him free to learn the Blaster Troopers' secrets. They were eventually found by Dr. Eggman who made them a part of his army. After being freed though, Lyric would reactivate and/or reclaim his Blaster Troopers.
After first appearing, the Blaster Troopers become some of the more common enemies. They come in a regular variant which has yellow armor, and a stronger one which has white armor. Both variants are first seen in Lyric's Tomb, but the regular variant is first fought in Lyric's Weapon Facility while the stronger ones are first fought in Ocean Purification Plant.
In battle, the Blaster Troopers attack by shooting bombs that explode upon impact. As defensive tactics, they will walk backwards to avoid the player until they either get far enough away or the player catches them. However, the stronger Blaster Troopers are in addition faster, can perform quick dashes to better dodge attacks, and have an extra attack where they throw three bombs into air so they rain down in front of them. The regular Blaster Troopers have fairly low health and are easy to defeat, but the stronger ones have much more health and are generally tougher. When defeated, they release varying amount of Robot Scrap and three Rings.
After Team Sonic defeated Lyric, all the Blaster Troopers were subsequently scrapped.
The Blaster Troopers are overall mindless and silent drones unwaveringly loyal to Lyric the Last Ancient, having been programmed to obey his every command. Their loyalty is only superficial however, as the Blaster Troopers are just soulless machines adhering to their programing, meaning their allegiance can easily shift when someone else takes control of them.
Powers and abilities
The Blaster Troopers can create green energy bullets in both hands. These bullets can either be shot as blasts from their arm cannons or thrown as powerful hand grenades to snipe foes.
More advanced models have jets equipped on their backs which let them perform small midair dashes.
- The Blaster Troopers' name was not revealed in the final version of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. However, their name is listed in an unused biography for the game.
- Despite a cutscene in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric showing the regular Blaster Trooper throwing grenades, they do not use that attack in gameplay.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. The Cutting Room Floor. Retrieved on 6 March 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 SONIC BOOM. Characters: Lyric the Last Ancient. Archived from the original on 23 March 2016. Retrieved on 25 July 2014. “As seen in the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games, Lyric is the last of his kind from an ancient civilization who lived a millennium ago. His race was devoted to peacefully controlling the world’s resources. Driven mad by power, Lyric turned on his fellow Ancients and took control of the resources. Building an army of robots programmed to obey his every command, the deadly snake-like villain set out to destroy everything organic and create a world of twisted metal and robots. However, just before he could successfully take over, he was attacked by the last surviving Ancients and imprisoned forever. With his army shut down and his plans ruined, he waited in prison plotting his revenge. Years passed and Lyric began to give up hope. That is, until Sonic comes across him. Now with his army rebooted, and his plans in place, the only thing stopping Lyric from total victory is Sonic and his friends.”
- ↑ Big Red Button Entertainment (21 November 2014). Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Nintendo Wii U. Sega. Area/Level: Abandoned Research Facility. "Dr. Eggman: Eggman. Dr. Eggman. But you can call me Dr. 'the guy who set you free so you can give me the secrets of your technology so I can be even more powerful than I already...' you know what? Just call me 'boss.' / Lyric: Who do you think made these robots and left them for you to find, you pathetic waste of carbon!"
- ↑ 『ソニックトゥーン』多種多様な「破壊兵」やボスエネミー、お馴染みの敵キャラが公開 (Japanese). Inside Games (29 September 2014). Archived from the original on 1 January 2015.