The Blue Ma Djinn (ブルー・ジン Burū jin?, lit. "Blue Djinn") is an enemy that first appeared in Sonic and the Secret Rings. It is an evil djinn breed originating from the world of the Arabian Nights and some of the Erazor Djinn's henchmen.
The Blue Ma Djinns are larger than Green Ma Djinns but smaller than Red Ma Djinns. They mostly resemble humanoid specters with streamline bodies and no lower body or neck. Their bodies are mostly black with shades of purple on their large forearms and lower body, an iris forehead, and pale yellow drawings for a face and flames on their large forearms. They also have a green gem in the chest with an iris coloration around their chest that resembles a shirt with golden outlines, grey knobs for ears, a tuff on top of their head, and mittens for hands. For attire, they have grey bands on their wrists and lower torso. Depending on their location, the Blue Ma Djinns wear additional attire:
- Sand Oasis: Wears a grey keffiyeh and cloth around forearms.
- Dinosaur Jungle: Wears a coat of green leaves and has leaves in their head tuff.
- Evil Foundry: Wears metallic armor with cranks around wrists and lower body, and a bolt for a head tuff.
- Levitated Ruin: Wears stone-based armor and is covered almost entirely in grey dust.
- Pirate Storm: Wears a black pirate bandanna and eye patch, and has an arrow through their head. Has pirate tattoos on arms.
- Skeleton Dome: Wears grey and solid stone-based armor arranged as bone structures and has curved grey horns for ears.
- Night Palace: Wears solid metallic guard armor.
Sonic and the Secret Rings
The Blue Ma Djinns first appeared in Sonic and the Secret Rings. They are diverse in origin, but they all share the common characteristic of being driven to madness during the events of the game. Some appear to have been regular inhabitants, others were evil spirits sealed away long ago by King Solomon, and the rest were created by the Erazor Djinn from the words he carved out of the Arabian Nights. Regardless, they were all recruited into Erazor's personal army and used to attack the world of the Arabian Nights in his search for the World Rings.
The Blue Ma Djinns are some of the most common enemies in the game and can be found in every World. In gameplay, they do not normally attack and remain in stationary positions, though they can still inflict damage should the player touch them. On some occasions through, they will perform a spinning attack. They can be defeated with a single hit, and when they are, they release Pearls.
Sonic Rivals 2
Powers and abilities
The Blue Ma Djinns are able to levitate and can fly through midair. They are also capable of teleportation.
- The "Ma Djinn" in the Blue Ma Djinn's name is pronounced "Majin" in Japanese, which also means "demon person."
- ↑ Sonic Rivals 2, collectible card nr. 105.
- ↑ Sonic Team (2 March 2007). Sonic and the Secret Rings. Nintendo Wii. Sega. Area/Level: Dinosaur Jungle. "Shahra: This must be what has driven the spirits mad, I think. It is only recently that they have been behaving this way."
- ↑ Sonic Team (2 March 2007). Sonic and the Secret Rings. Nintendo Wii. Sega. Area/Level: Evil Foundry. "Shahra: King Solomon is the one who sealed away the evil spirits long ago."
- ↑ Sonic Team (2 March 2007). Sonic and the Secret Rings. Nintendo Wii. Sega. Area/Level: Evil Foundry. "King Solomon: However, by carving up the words that make up our world, new spirits have also appeared."
- ↑ Sonic and the Secret Rings, "Sand, Spirits and Sonic Speed"